Forums are back in action! ×

PT Milestone

I hurt my left knee in June, while my right knee had been hurting since last October. I've been doing PT twice a week for a month - one land session, one pool session.

Today, after my PT session in the pool, my therapist told me I was done with the pool sessions! Woot!

Now, I'll be just on land for about another month. I'm excited because this means my knee can take the pressure/force of my movements without needing the buoyancy of the pool.

KNEES STRENGTHENED!!!

l33yore :: Human Ranger :: Level 3

STR: 2 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 3 WIS: 5.5 CHA: 3.25

challenges: current 2 1 | intro

a christ follower / a husband and father, too / and i do some work

I didn't have anyone helping me, having a PT would've helped me so much, take as much as you can out of him! Glad your knee is getting better....

What I did to strenghten my knee is squats, just bodyweight when I can. When your knee pushes you up from an angle smaller than 90° you activate the muscles holding the knee together, not just the quads and thigh shins (back of thigh). I basically lower myself down as much as possible with both heels touching the ground while spreading my knees as much as possible, feet shoulder width. I've been doing so for 6 months and I've seen really good improvement.

So basically, let's say during a break, I will squat down to chill with people outside for as long as I can hold it and get back up when the break is done :)

Take good care of your knee, my injury happened in January 2007 and I still get very mild pain during rainy/humid days.

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

I hurt my left knee in June, while my right knee had been hurting since last October. I've been doing PT twice a week for a month - one land session, one pool session.

Today, after my PT session in the pool, my therapist told me I was done with the pool sessions! Woot!

Now, I'll be just on land for about another month. I'm excited because this means my knee can take the pressure/force of my movements without needing the buoyancy of the pool.

KNEES STRENGTHENED!!!

Nice! I am just shy of 2 years years out from my final surgery (right knee)......don't quit on your rehab....dominate it.

I still get very mild pain during rainy/humid days.

Quoting for truth. Its been cold and rainy here lately....and I get that unsettling "tight" feeling in my knee.

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't have anyone helping me, having a PT would've helped me so much, take as much as you can out of him! Glad your knee is getting better....

What I did to strenghten my knee is squats, just bodyweight when I can. When your knee pushes you up from an angle smaller than 90° you activate the muscles holding the knee together, not just the quads and thigh shins (back of thigh). I basically lower myself down as much as possible with both heels touching the ground while spreading my knees as much as possible, feet shoulder width. I've been doing so for 6 months and I've seen really good improvement.

So basically, let's say during a break, I will squat down to chill with people outside for as long as I can hold it and get back up when the break is done :)

Take good care of your knee, my injury happened in January 2007 and I still get very mild pain during rainy/humid days.

My PT told me I wouldn't be able to do full squats. I don't (completely) believe her. But I am going to be careful. And look for some environment where I can get training on good form. Thanks for the encouragement!

Nice! I am just shy of 2 years years out from my final surgery (right knee)......don't quit on your rehab....dominate it.

Thanks! I plan on owning my rehab and continuing on my goal of being fit and in shapre.