Forums are back in action! ×

Found this site on the offchance and am so glad finally there's a site catered to me.

I'm 27 years old (almost), I do software implementation and testing for a payroll software development company here in sunny Wales. I'm a huge geek in my own way. Neither one extreme or the other. Mostly gaming though.

So I've been on a health kick. Never exactly been huge. I have no idea how much I weigh. Changed my diet a few months ago, now I eat clean, and figure the next step is training. I have been lightly exercising here and there to get started, and the inches lost are showing. But I'm at a point where I need to take it more seriously.

Decided to start my gym sessions in the morning before work. Evenings I find I have little to no motivation, plus getting home at 6pm, it leaves little time for me and my fiance.

I have PCOS, which is not a huge issue. It's more of a benefit in a way. As a result, I'm not tiny. I'm 4'11, have a larger than normal frame and this means I tend to gain muscle much easier than many women. Even just 'playing around' with our chin up car at home, all of a sudden, my biceps are popping. I'm sure no one else will be impressed, but considering how they looked a couple weeks ago, I am pretty damn impressed.

Short term goals.

My main goal is to do a single pull up. Once this is achieved, I can up it to say.. 10. I'm half way there, but more strength is needed.

But overall, I just want to be fit, healthy, and lean. I'm pretty sure fitting back into my old jeans will be a natural consequence of this.

I hate cardio in general, so I'll be focussing more of strength training. I'm not looking to run marathons or anything. I just want to get stronger.

Welcome!  Good goal....I can't do a single pull up but would love to some day.  Maybe my next challenge....

Looking forward to getting to know you. Good luck!

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

Challenge #1,  Challenge #2,  

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." ~ Joss Whedon

"Only those who risk going too far, find out how far they can go." ~ Walter Bishop