Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to level up!

I thought maybe if I have a community behind me this time I may stick to a lifestyle change.

About me?: I'm a Freelance videogame journalist on a niche fansite. Sounds fancier than it is. It did allow me to meet a director and a producer of a AAA gaming dev company. So that's cool. If only I got paid for it. I am an all around dork. I love me some battlestar galactica and think A Song of Ice and Fire is bombdiggity. I think mmos are awesome. Books are nifty too.

I have had a lot of medical issues. I had to drop out of college when I was 18 due to a tumor in my chest and new asthma diagnosis. I've also had trouble with my nose having to have several surgeries on it. Of course landing a good job with benefits has been difficult as well. So I have a lot of medical debt and have to deal with not so apt doctors to handle things they don't know much about. So I've essentially been on steroids for a solid 2 years for sure, on and off them for 5 years. Needless to say it has made me balloon. If you don't know much about these prescription steroids it does that, causes weight gain. I kept it off, kinda, by working a retail job and constantly being on my feet. Well I've since quit there and landed a decent office job and I've started to puff up like a marshmallow. So I'm obviously not happy with it right now.

What inspired me this time to really make a lifestyle change: Well, this dress.

HobbitMapDress-Caitlin_02_1024x1024.jpg?

I want it. I want it baaaaaad. I want it sooo bad. But I don't want to look all frumpy in if i get it. I am unhappy with how I look already but I really want that dress. I want it so bad I want to do work to look good in said dress. 

My goal: 

So that's my goal. Look awesome by Dec 13th to wear said dress to The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. 

Last time I weighed myself before my boyfriend stood on the screen of my scale and broke it, I was at 172. I just started this week on completely changing my eating habits and starting a workout plan. I don't have a weight loss goal. Like actual pounds. Because I have this unique body, I refer to it is dat mass effect.  Aka curves in the chest area and in the area you sit on. I'm blessed really. So the way a girl looks at 120lb, you'll need to add +20lb in curves and you'll have me. So I'm not worried about a specific weight goal, more of a I need to fit into my slacks at work cause i'm totally not wasting more money on work clothes. 

I decided to do a 30 day challenge I found on that silly share site known as tumblr. It's Crunches, Planks, Pushups and Squats. It starts low and ends up much higher over 30 days. I figure it would be a good way to introduce my body into a workout routine without killing myself right away and losing all inspiration. 

I'm cutting out my beloved breads and pastas. I love them. I eat a lot of them. They are really bad for me but FRESH BREAD IS SO DELICIOUS. So instead I'm shifting my love for veggies to take bread's place. Dat squash :3 I was also getting into a bad habit of getting m&ms out of the vending machine at work everyday. Also sodas... lots of sodas. Replacing that with juice and water and hot tea!

it'll be a challenge to change my lifestyle but I thought a community would help me with that. Have like-goaled people to talk to about stuff. I'm excited to level up to middle earth dress wearing hottie. :D

"You work out because we allow it, you will squat because we demand it." - Sovereign, Mass Effect ... kinda. 

December Challenge - CharacterInstagram - Nerdy Fitness Tumblr

That dress is totally awesome...love it!

Welcome to the group! It sounds like you are already working out how to substitute unhealthy items in your life. Good luck!

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

Challenge #1,  Challenge #2,  

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." ~ Joss Whedon

"Only those who risk going too far, find out how far they can go." ~ Walter Bishop