Forums are back in action! ×

Let me introduce myself...

My name is Max. I am a nerd, or a geek, or any derivation of those terms. I'm trying to start a personal revolution. I am not the man I want to be, nor the man I thought I was going to be be. I am 27 years old. I weigh in currently at about 260 lbs. My weight has fluctuated greatly since high school. Ten years ago I was about 260 as well. Then I started working and I lost 60 lbs. It slowly came back as I hadn't actually changed my lifestyle. I still ate, and still do, like crap, consume an enormous amount of soda, and picked up the habit of smoking.

There are a lot of things I would personally love to see change about myself. Not all of them involve weight loss or fitness, but a sound mind is helped by a sound body.

In the end I'd love to be able run marathons, participate in triatholons(including the Ironman,) and enjoy many outdoor activities without getting exhausted quickly. I want to know what I am putting in my body and know that it is healthy and worth putting it in there.

I'm hoping that this forum and the Nerd Fitness website will help me to achieve these goals and create some bonds and possibly friendships with others that are trying to achieve there goals as well.