Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdy Story Co-op **sign ups for round 1 closed**

I have a way of doing that

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

life is not death

air... is fluid

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

The number of participants determines the number of posts long the story will be.  I think otherwise, there is a big risk of boredom and stagnation.  Also, by limiting the number of posts a story lasts, we can mix up the posting order more often, and more people get the opportunity to start or finish!  It also allows us to follow a different team member each time, so we can get more variety in what to expect.  ANNNDD if new people want to join in, we can easily stick them into the posting order when the next story begins (I would love for more and more people to join in on the fun!)

I'd like for us to take as long as we would like for our post--to keep this fun and stressless--and maybe even produce some cool, quality stuff!  The only limit is you are confined to one post for your turn.  If you would like to forfeit your turn for a story round, you can simply post "pass" or whatever you please to let the next poster know it's his or her go!

For example, with eight people, it could go something like this (just an example!)

Number One: Begins story

Number two: picks up from intro

Number three: progresses storyresolves and introduces new conflict

Number four: progresses story, resolves and introduces new conflict

Number five:  progresses story, resolves conflict and introduces penultimate conflict

Number six:  progresses story, reaching the end now

Number seven: set up closing, final ultimate conflict?

Number eight: Resolve and end.

Of course, the story could take any number of twists and turns.  You aren't bound to this or any template.  You are free to introduce characters, events, conflict, etc... but please respect the work of the story written before you and make it fit it!  

Since Gwen has requested to go first so passionately for the first round, I am going to stick her in position one and then RNG the rest of us to follow after her!  

Stay tuned today for posting order and green light to gogogo!

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

Cool. ... last time I did something like this it was in high school. ... we wrote one sentence and passed the paper. ... we did it especially in one class where the teacher read all passed notes out loud. ... one time we made it 45 minutes into a 50 minute class.... he read the whole thing. ... the next year that rule was NOT IN HIS SYLLABUS... ;) I've never done anything with set orders or anything so wanted to make sure I understood the rules before the start :D I'm down with anything

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Spoiler

Seehound!  You got the highest roll with my percent dice + d10, so you get to choose:

Do you want to start second (after Gwen) or be last?  

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

:D  Yay!  Thank you for complying to my selfish and childish request of being first!  This will be the only time I request it!  (At least I hope I don't request it again!  Who knows?  I'm very childish!  I'll make sure I don't and just wait my turn for it again!)

Can't wait to get this start!  ^^

<p>Gwenhwyfar, level 0 Wild elf adventurerSTR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Order posted in OP.  Let the fun begin!

Yay!!!  Here I go then!  (Guys!  Please don't get off-put by my long wall of text!  Dx  You don't have to write this much!  I tend to write more than I think I will...)

Once upon a time, long, long ago; in a world much like ours but filled with magic, there was a wizard named Steve Kamb The Strong!  He was a great and magnificently powerful wizard as he was no ordinary great and magnificently powerful wizard; he was a wizard that exercised, stayed healthy, and in shape!  It is for this exact reason that he was called Steve Kamb The Strong.  He was an inspiration for people and average wizards alike that thought they were doomed to have their skinny, boned bodies, or overly plump ones, forever!  Surely, whoever heard of couch potatoes or wizards that stayed buried in their books for hours suddenly getting healthy and in shape?  Steve Kamb The Strong proved everyone wrong by helping these exact people get in shape!

One day, after a good morning routine work out, Steve Kamb was in his studies; sitting in his magnificent, wizardy chair, pondering while stroking his magnificent, wizardy beard (which was magnificently long and well groomed, by the way).  There were still people in this world that were inspired by him to get in shape, but did nothing about it, no matter what push and pull he gave them to do so.  Just how could he get these people motivated?

Flipping through his books, trying to do some research, he was hoping to find a spell or something to help him with this problem.  If he were to find such a spell, he had the perfect guinea pig to use it on!

Steve Kamb had a certain unmotivated cousin that claimed he was inspired by Steve's hard work and admired him greatly.  His name was Campbell Noodle Kamb; Cambell being his first name and Noodle being his middle.  Much like his name implies, Noodle was obsessed with eating Campbell's Noodle Soup and all kinds of processed food.  He would sit on the couch for hours, slurping his Campbell's Noodle Soup, eating his junk food and sugary sweets; watching dumb shows that most intelligent people would not watch unless they want their brains to rot, like Real Desperate Castle Maids of Camelot and Jersey Cow Shores.  He would watch this all on an all-seeing well, which behaved much like the TVs we have today, and would simply change the channel with a remote control wand (which was a wizard invention for non-wizard people to watch their shows on their all-seeing wells).

He was a very unmotivated cousin, but the few times he did get motivated, he'd put his energy in all the wrong areas.  When he decided that it was time to get in shape, he would follow cult diets like Weight Wench's diets and Isa-Cult diets.  He would never exercise, thinking that a diet would be enough.  Of course, when he followed those diets, he'd still be eating sweets, junk food, and his precious Campbell soup.  He would listen to Steve on how to get healthy, do it for a minute, and then complain it's too hard and stop doing it.

Being a highly reputable wizard throughout the world, it is close family members like Noodle that Steve thinks some people aren't inspired by him because they look to his out-of-shape family members like Noodle.  If he were to finally change Noodle's ways, perhaps more people would be motivated and inspired by him!

Finally finding the perfect spell that would solve his problem to help unmotivated people like his cousin, Steve grabbed his magnificent, wizardy staff and magnificently long, wizardy hat and went to test his spell on his guinea pig cousin.  Not needing long to search for him in the castle, Steve found him in the all-seeing well room.

Noodle was happily eating away his junk food and Campbell soup, watching another stupid episode of Real Desperate Castle Maids of Camelot.  He glanced up, slurping the last noodle from his soup as he so innocently and cluelessly looked at his cousin that was grinning deviously from ear to ear.

(I hope I didn't kill the thread with my long post...  I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else contributes to the story).

yay I get to be 7th :)

and I get to start killing the thread

Spoiler

I absolutely LOVE this idea!  I can't wait for the next one so I can be a part of it!

Challenge thread | Battle logs | Active PVP | @PetziCola

Start: 349 lbs | Current: 332.6 lbs | Goal: 275 lbs

Endomondo | MyFitnessPal | Personal website

"Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first... your spirit, or your body!" - Bane, The Dark Knight Rises

Six Week Challenge Weight Loss Progress:

20%
20%

The weekend is totally fine Seehound!  

I've been so caught up with the academy launch, I haven't checked by here in a few days :(  I love your start Gwen!

Thank you!  I just thought of it all pretty quickly, lol.  Took me only an hour or so to type it all out.

I'm really, really looking forward to your post, Seahound!  I hope I can see it tomorrow, or the day after!  I'm just so anxious to see it, lol!

Shorter than I intended, I got busy. Black text begins my contribution. Gwen, sorry if it doesn't go where you thought it would. I'm hoping to throw a curve ball with this one.

“Gaze upon the form of your doom!†Steve insisted. Placing his hands, palms facing together about 9 inches apart, then reconsidering moved them to more like 5, maybe six on a good day, he intoned the words of the dreaded nudus dudis curse. “Nuditus, frontalis, totalis†he intoned time and again until Noodle felt all of his clothing vaporize.

Jumping with a start, Noodle grabbed the nearest pillow on the couch, but it too vaporized in his hands. “See now what your lifestyle has wrought!†Steve declared. “You must forever walk the Earth with your shame and self-disrespect apparent to all until you find within yourself the power to reforge your body anewâ€.

At that Noodle grabbed the wand of the all-seeing well and seeking the only escape he could summon, cast the spell of planar banishment…on himself. He awoke in a desolate landscape, barren desert in all directions, but perhaps 26.2 miles away he saw sheer cliffs and signs of vegetation at the top. The only living thing to be found was a solitary wolf, loping towards him.

“Don’t hurt me!†Noodle shouted, his frail voice wavering. “As though you could stop me†replied the wolf. “No, I have not come to hurt you. I am Epik the spirit wolf of courage and I have been sent by Ripp the god of strength and conditioning to guide youâ€. As Epik spoke, the sky behind him seemed almost to shine in a golden starburst. “For too long have you defiled the temple of your body. Now, if you can find within yourself the strength to survive, I will lead you through the Crucible of Testicular Fortitude that you may reclaim your destiny.

No!  No!  I love it!  :D  I'm so glad to finally see your contribution to the story!  It's great!  I hope to see the others' as well!  I actually didn't know what to expect of the story after mine.  It's a lot better than I could even imagine!

Lol, I wonder if Noodle is still naked after that escape!  xD  He's gonna be naked through the whole story until he hones his body now?  Lol!

Edit:  Also, I never expected it to be long anyway!  I know I tend to write more things than other people when it comes to RP or stories.  I write big walls of text and essays!

Wow, this is going to be a VERY interesting story!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Crucible of testicular fortitude! Lol lol lol

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Spoiler