Forums are back in action! ×

Music, martial arts, and medicine?

Hey Nerd fitness. Long time lurker here. Let's get down to who I am:

21, male, around 165 and 15% bf, medium height and build, blond, blue eyes, and very nerdy. I started in high school with mostly bodyweight stuff and have since graduated to weights. I've been on Rippetoe's Starting Strength, and I enjoy the program almost as much as I enjoy his name.

I've recently switched to a keto diet, since I'm cutting for a musical in which I must be nearly-naked for most of the stagetime - the Rocky Horror Show - which brings me to my next bit.

I'm a senior undergraduate music (voice) major. I play piano best, then flute and guitar. I've been musical for as long as I can remember, but what I really want to be is a physician. I'm applying to med school now, but I'm honestly doubting my chances, since I kind of slacked off my first few years here. I plan to do some post-bac work if necessary, and reapply. Huzzah for debt, but if that's what it takes, that's what it takes.

I love Star Trek, Star Wars (in that order), Lord of the Rings, Assassin's Creed, but only the first one, martial arts (1st Dan in Hapkido, though I've done some karate, Kali/Arnis, tai chi, jiujutsu, fencing, german longsword, and krav maga), flying and swimming when I get to do them, and explaining things.

I'm a little type A, but only because I'm compensating for being naturally disorganized.

Still trying to figure out which guild I fit into; I'm thinking assassins or rangers right now.

I'm trying to get into this community to hold myself accountable with my fitness goals, which I suppose I should list.

-lose fat, gain muscle, pretty standard. My ideal weight would be 175 or 180 at 10% bf, I think

-gain endurance and flexibility; this is mostly for a fighting/sparring advantage

-rehabilitate my injured ankle

-jump really high

-do a muscle-up. I dream of butterfly-ups, but let's be real.

Anyway, that's me. Hi, everyone.

Half elf Ranger 2

Str 3, Dex 3, Sta 2, Con 2, Wis  2, Cha 2

Hi dakdalton!

Welcome to NF! Good to have you along!

Quick question: How tall are you? We've got almost the same stats otherwise so I thought I'd just ask. (With me being 23, 5'6'' and 155lbs at probably about 17%BF)

And I definitely think you should join the assassins! But I'm a bit biased on that front....

It sounds like you've got some solid goals though, and that you'll be able to form a plan really well. I look forward to seeing what you get up to!

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4