Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all,

My name is Bill and I'm a husband and father of 2. I'm here to learn about how to gain muscle and lose weight since I'm so very tired of the trainers at my gym not really having the time of day to answer any questions unless you have an appointment. I used to be in pretty good shape until my 29th birthday when I stopped smoking. After the first month smoke free, fat tapped me on the shoulder and said 'hey bill, watch this' and just went right to my stomach. I haven't been able to get rid of it since and the weight just piled on. I currently weight 265, which is the heaviest I've ever been. I actually lost 65lbs. last year on a vegan diet along with running and biking, but could not maintain the lifestyle. I got tired of eating mock this or soy that, so said 'screw it' and went back to my old ways of just eating whatever. Since the weight gain, I've felt problems in my knees and feel pretty damn old for being just 38. I ran upon the NF site somehow (fate, perhaps?) and really liked it. I always heard of a paleo diet, but just figured it was another fad. The more I read on these forums and on the NF site, the more I realize that is not true. I'm hoping to get to know a lot of you and am hoping we can help each other through whatever it is that brings each of us here.

My reasons for being here are:

-To learn how to lose weight properly.

-To learn how to eat properly.

-To learn how to friggin' lift weights properly.

-To feel good about myself once again and gain confidence.

Regards,

Bill

Oh, I can relate....

Wife and mom of 2 and also 38 years old with bum knees.   I was skinny until 5 1/2 years ago when I quit smoking and then I puffed up like a balloon.  I can't say I was even remotely in 'good shape' at the time though.  I've lost almost 40 lbs since the beginning of the year though and it is SO much easier to work out now that I can breathe. 

Welcome and good luck!

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

Challenge #1,  Challenge #2,  

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." ~ Joss Whedon

"Only those who risk going too far, find out how far they can go." ~ Walter Bishop

Hi Bill!
Great to have you aboard!

And I think those are all some solid goals to have :)

If you have any questions I'd be happy to try and answer them, as I'm sure everyone else will! :D

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4