Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there! My name is Samantha - I'm a 33 year old Alberta-dwelling geeky gal, mom of two (sometimes) wonderful children, and adopted mom to two cats, a crested gecko, a bearded dragon, and a corn snake. When I am not a cube-dwelling minion of the Very Big Corporation, I spend my time volunteering as a leader and group committee member for our local Scouts Canada group, and playing on three recreational floor hockey teams of various intensity. I also love to cook, and I have a sorely-neglected food blog.

Floor hockey is my first love - I play on three teams, so three nights a week is dedicated to sprinting after an orange ball with a stick in my hand, and attempting to keep it away from the other team. I am not the scoring type, but I'm damn good at keeping the other teams from scoring! My next most favourite thing is adventure/obstacle racing - in 2013, I completed the Spartan Sprint, Super and Beast to achieve the Trifecta. I am most proud of this accomplishment, as I finished the Beast on my own after the rest of my teammates succumbed to the less-than-ideal conditions (ie: snow and wind) and quit half way through. I am also known to run, and while I generally loathe training, I *love* racing, at least at shorter distances (<12k).

My goals are a bit scattered at the moment, as I smashed my previous goal with the Spartan Beast finish last weekend. Tentatively, I would like to get my running pace down to a 55-minute 10k, and improve my strength sufficiently to be able to do the Spartans and/or the Tough Mudder on my own - specifically, anything that involves upper body strength, as my arms are about as useful as the arms of a T-Rex. I'm here in search of further camaraderie and motivation in my fitness journey - most of the people I know are interested only in losing weight and dieting, and my patience for that is nonexistant. I want to be fitter, stronger, leaner, faster - and if looking better comes with that, that would be great. But I'd rather be a badass than have a skinny ass.

Lvl 0 - Human - Ranger

[sTR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA ]

Current Challenge *~*~* Battle Log