Forums are back in action! ×

New and Very Fat!!

Hello everybody! 

My name is Josh, I am 6'2 and weigh 410lbs.   I have dieted and exercised in the past with some success, but it always ends in injury and falling off the wagon.  I was at a consultation for Gastric Bypass surgery when I decided I can loose the weight on my own... I am not looking for a diet but a lifestyle change,   I am becoming more active and am doing things around the yard and house (like cooking) for the first time in months.  I am looking to learn how to eat and make healthier choices!!    I'm sure several of you will hear from me as I seek to learn as much as I can about food and fitness and will always be excited to share my failures and success as well as my new found knowledge with everyone!

Donuts are bad and I don't want them..... Unless they aren't bad, in that case, please someone tell me!

We all have to start somewhere! Good luck with your journey. A good friend of mine is a good distance into a similar weight loss journey - she was just told that she no longer qualifies for surgery. I hope that you can find similar success in lifestyle changes.

Lvl 0 - Human - Ranger

[sTR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA ]

Current Challenge *~*~* Battle Log

Hi Josh! Great to have you aboard! :D

I think you've made the right decision to lose weight on your own, and you're right, it's not a diet! It's a lifestyle change! A change to AWESOME!

If you've got any questions I'll try my best to answer them :) If I don't see it on this thread you can always send me a PM

Best of luck and I'm sure we'll see you transform yourself into one kick-ass Rebel!

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Thanks alot fella's and ladies!   I have been trying to take in all the info I can on the site and think I am ready for my first full shopping trip, I have some great sounding recipes in mind from the site and all of you guys.  I am still a little confused and lost about somethings but im sure it will all come in due time!   

Donuts are bad and I don't want them..... Unless they aren't bad, in that case, please someone tell me!

Hey Josh it sounds like you have the right idea about making a lifestyle change. Diets are just fad scams people fall into. If you're ready to take on the reality shift to change your lifestyle then you probably have the right mindset.

Not that I know what the right way is. I'm still figuring things out myself. It's worth the effort though.

Welcome Josh! I started this journey at around 302lbs.. Or at least that was the first time I dared step on the scales. You are certainly not alone! Why not sign up to a six week challenge? Ace for meeting like minded folk and sharing tips and tricks? Can't wait to see how you get on!!

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Hey Josh it sounds like you have the right idea about making a lifestyle change. Diets are just fad scams people fall into. If you're ready to take on the reality shift to change your lifestyle then you probably have the right mindset.

Not that I know what the right way is. I'm still figuring things out myself. It's worth the effort though.

He sure does. I agree. Lifestyle change is the proper mind set. The word "diet" should not even exist in my opinion. What is a diet? If you look at mainstream media, internet, fitness mags, you'd be confused as hell!! We should be eating real foods in moderation. The rule I try to use is "if man made it, don't eat it". We see too many people going from the next "diet" fad, to next "diet" fad, usually there's a new one every year or two. It's not that "diets" don't work, it's that I feel they promote short term goals. they also only tell you WHAT to eat and not HOW to eat.

Keep it up Josh, you're on the right track buddy!

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw