Forums are back in action! ×

Hi all!

I'm Kristine. Mid-thirties, two kids, husband and cat. I live in Norway. I'm ready to change.

My main problem is that I'm lazy. I like to choose the path of no resistance, and right now that path pretty much leads to the sofa with a giant glass of coke. So that's my kryptonite. Coke and lazyness. Over the last ten years or so, the weight has crept on gradually. And now I have reached breaking point. Now or never, right?

My main goal is to drop four dress sizes. That has to be doable. And to get strong and healthy.

Motivation:

-Be a good example for my daughters. Teach them healthy habits and an active lifestyle. I don't let them drink coke every day, so why should I let myself do it?

-Buy the clothes I want, not the ones that fit.

-Be more active so I can take advantage of the awesome nature and opportunities in our area

-I have a 20 year junior high reunion next summer. I want to look smashing. Yup, I'm that shallow.

I have signed up for the Nerd Fitness Academy, and I am hoping that this time it will stick.

Hey there Kristine, I can relate to slipping into old habits. I started my account on here then didn't actually do anything with it for like a year before I decided that enough was enough! Great that you're hoping to set an example for your kids, I think it's a great motivator. Good luck with the academy, and be relentless!

'It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?'

'Because I choose to.'