Forums are back in action! ×

Happy to be part of the Rebellion!

The one line story-

36, homeschooling mother of two, two dogs, married to a gamer/Browncoat, was just going to get back into shape after surgery, then I read NF & now I want to powerlift.

My (immediate)motivation-I'm a bridesmaid October 26, and the dressmaker checked my current measurements to the ones I originally gave her; my dress isn't going to fit if I don't drop a few inches in a few weeks.

I've been eating fairly strict Paleo for a week.  We had two family medical emergencies this week, which made eating well difficult, but I managed to make the best choices I could.  I've been doing the Crossfit WOD, as much as I can(we don't have any sort of garage gym, and the Y doesn't have all the Crossfit equipment).  Previously, I was getting in a P90X type workout nearly 7 days a week, while fighting hard to discipline myself in my eating.  I plan on joining the current challenge, and sticking closely to Paleo eating .

The description for this forum says to tell what you are bringing to the table. That's easy; a sense of humor, determination and encouragement for anyone that needs it.  And, of course, love for Firefly, Star Wars, LOTR, LEGOS, books!

The story behind the story(yeah, I was raised by a storyteller, I can't pass up the opportunity)

Feel free to skip this, it's not required reading

I was a competitive athlete from age 9(figure skating) when I stopped skating I did the logical thing and started kickboxing.  Makes total sense, right?  That's where I met my husband.  After we stopped training as boxers, we sort of dabbled in fitness.  I took up yoga, and would lift every now and then.  After my second child, I really struggled to get the last bit of flub from my tummy.  I have never cared about the number on the scale, I have never wanted to care about it.  I've always gaged my fitness by 1. my ability to do everyday things, i.e. chase children, walk up stairs, carry in the groceries in one trip,  and 2. how my clothes fit.  It took awhile for it to really sink in that my eating was all the problem, especially since by most people's standards, we ate really healthy.  That was two-three years ago, and so we started with low glycemic foods.  That was also when I realized my bunions(side effect of having naturally wide feet & skating)were keeping me from doing things, but I didn't decide to have surgery until Fall 2012.  So, December 21, 2012 I had a bunionectomy on my right foot, and February 15, 2013 I had it done on my left foot.  I will say that surgery itself is a breeze. It is like this; "Count to 3 and pick a dream"  so you're like, 1,2,3...huh? this is the crappiest unicorn in Candy land dream ever!  It looks like I'm in a hospital room!  Then you start sipping Sprite & eating crackers & everything gets better.  We have a wonderful supportive family & church, and were brought food for the duration of my recoveries.  And the food was delicious, and nothing like what we normally ate. When I went in for surgery, my clothes were a little bit big, and I knew that if I kept up our low gluten/low glycemic foods, as well as staying in the gym, they would be to big by Spring, and the last bit of flub would be gone.  After surgery, none of my clothes fit, and I had picked up some awful habits.  No problem, get back on the horse cowgirl.  But after months, nothing had changed, in fact things had gotten worse.  The clothes I bought after surgery are too small now.  I started tracking my eating, and yep, that was most of the problem.  Enter Husband with idea of Paleo, Crossfit, Powerlifting, and NF.  And now you know everything.

Peggy, or blubutterfly

Heck yeah, I got stabbed, wanna see it?

Welcome, Blubutterfly! I'm newish around here as well, and I can tell you that lifting will change your life. Go for it! This community is supportive and funny, so another sense of humor is a great addition.

Good luck with your goals and the current challenge. :-)

Level 3 Harpy Ranger

5 STR | 3 DEX | 5 STA | 4 CON | 8 WIS | 5 CHA

N.A.G.42!

Current Challenge: Roll On • Previous Challenge: Sing-a!

MFP | Twitter

Wharrgarrbl!