Forums are back in action! ×

the epic woots of alienjenn

Woo!  Good job - Soda's a difficult one :)  Keep up the awesome!

thanks!!!

WOOOOOOT!!! That is so awesome.

(And I recognize the MyFitnessPal ticker so come find me - hstoblish)

:D :D :D thanks!! :D

I mainly only use it anymore for occasionally logging weight :) but I am justjenn1977 :)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Guess who just ran her first consecutive 5k!!!!!!

I DID!!!

I set out to walk then decided I felt like running... then I decided I didn't feel like stopping...

So I ran 3.1 consecutive miles... in 33° weather.... with snow/slush on the ground

Posted Image

.... it's not even my fastest time for this trail... but it's my longest consecutive run... first run in the snow... latest run at this temperature... (you should be able to see the blue square at the top from my temperature app that reads 33°)

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hell yeah, Jenn!  I love reading your updates!  I bet you feel like a million bucks after a year or so of no soda!

Ah yes, and so the running addiction has begun.  :tongue:

I do indeed feel like a million bucks... I am certain that much of my weight loss has come from the lack of sweet stuff ;) 

yeah... I have been planning my budget and vacations around the races I wanna do next year :)

Spoiler

2013 in review
there is probably more that I missed

lost 21.05 overall inches
lost 45#
lost 100# total (29.4% of my body weight!)
entered my first race
ran a consecutive 5k
100 body weight squats
my first real push up
100 sit ups
my feet shrank and now I wear a regular width shoe for the first time in EVER
entire greenbriar river trail
first 200 mile month
old rag time 7 hr 15 min (first time was 14 hr 30 min)
rode the virginia creeper trail
broke 3 min plank barrier
first “elbow plankâ€
3 min elbow plank
I hit 3 million steps (from july 2012-dec 2013)
did more than 4000 flights of stairs (from july 2012-dec 2013)
all my bloodwork reflects health (cholesterol normal... a1c normal… etc)
interviewed with the YMCA
interviewed by Steve Kamb for NerdFitness Academy stuff (SQUEE!)
climbed a bunch of stuff and did some cool videos for some contests

bench press 90# (started with two 8# db)
squat 125# (or 135 I am not sure…. but I started with 8# DB goblet squats!)
deadlift 150 
cable row - 105 (started with 10#)
wide grip lat pull down 110# 
OHP - 85#
standing triceps extension 85#
tricep rope pull down 120#

I started SEEING the changes in my body

I can see definition in my arms... to an extent that it amazes me whenever I walk by a mirror... 

I am starting to love my body... and all the things it can do for me 

It's amazing how my definition of "total junk food" has changed this year. ... stopped at Wal-Mart for prednisone and food. ... walked out thinking I had total junk food. ... a rotisserie chicken. .. chef salad. .. banana. .. nectarine... two hard boiled eggs. ... potato wedges. ... a lindt chocolate bar to share. ... a caramel apple. .. and jolly rancher candy. ... That's total junk food

• Like 2

Spoiler

wholy crap u did lots of WOOTS and progress this year girl !!! 

btw. how the interview for NF Academy went?

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

It went well... and served to increase my crush for Steve :)

Spoiler

It went well... and served to increase my crush for Steve :)

Is there anyone here who doesn't have a crush on Steve? Yes, even the straight gentlemen, the gay ladies and the asexual folks!

On another note: Congratulations! You are one badass lady! bravo.gif

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Is there anyone here who doesn't have a crush on Steve? Yes, even the straight gentlemen, the gay ladies and the asexual folks!

On another note: Congratulations! You are one badass lady! bravo.gif

I can't think of anyone ;)

and thanks bunches!

Spoiler

So.... "light day" at the gym... did my standing exercises seated... did very low weight on my standing only stuff... cut a couple exercises out.... 11700# lifted today... 

I did 20 reps bench pressing just the bar (45#) last year at this time I couldn't bp the bar ONCE!

Spoiler

I wanted to thank y'all and share this :)

changes.jpg

I love you guys :) 

• Like 4

Spoiler

LOL Thanks :)

Spoiler

:)

and more :)

I ran my first mud run... 

finished 482 out of 490

had a LOT of fun

forgot to post that I participated in the virtual 4t smile.png

participated in the-tenacious-test-of-toughness

PR's on the three major lifts

Bench - 100

DL - 185

squat - squat 135

• Like 1

Spoiler

My god this thread is like a hand grenade of inspiration.

KAPOW!

I love the way you think :D

Spoiler

Jenn - you are just amazing! You have always been such a positive, and encouraging personality on the boards, I'm so pleased for you that you've come this far, and I know you've got what it takes to keep going until you reach your goals. Actually, I'm really looking forward to seeing that, 'cause Hell Yeah, you are gonna be one truly awesome lady!

I love that you don't ever let anything hold you back and I've been secretly jealous for ages of some of the things that you've posted you've done. We have a mud run over here called the Tough Mudder and it's my goal to do it next year. You're my inspiration now lady, I BLOODY WELL WILL do it, or so help me God!

Keep it up, and keep posting the results. :D

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously