Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone!

My name is Amanda yet I'm nicknamed Mandark by all my friends back home. I'm just your average college student who is currently living in the small, great, wonderful plains of Iowa.  :rolleyes-new: I always had problems with my weight growing up- I yo yo'd a lot and I was always told by doctors I need to lose weight before I end up with the family curse- diabetes.

My freshman year of college I hit the highest weight I ever been. 226 pounds. And for a girl who is in between 5'5 and 5'6 that's not the best! I realized I wanted to lose weight, and so I did! At this moment I am currently 188 (used to be 185 until I fell off the wagon two weeks ago!)

I hit a really long plateau and I am struggling to get the final 35 pounds off. My ultimate goal is 150. This is going to sound strange- but I am a college swimmer! I work out 2x a day (Mon-Fri), and I am struggling to find my "happy medium" for calorie consumption. I tend to eat so much to the point where I gain weight- all in the stomach area too.

Another goal I am really trying to fix is my emotional binge eating. This is a huge problem in my plateau. I've done it ever since I was kid during stressful times and the amount I can eat in one sitting is crazy- like 1,600+ crazy! Luckily, all the swimming I do is maintaining my weight (except for the last two weeks  :redface-new: ). All of the stress from transferring colleges second semester (University of Wisconsin Milwaukee in spring- Panther pride!), passing math class, swim meets and financial troubles are taking its toll on me. I usually gorge on sweets- I somehow ALWAYS end up a victim in the dreaded "carb cave" of my college dining hall.

I have a huge interest in eating vegan or paleo- however I need to get over that mental hunger block of constantly needing sweets and food when I'm not hungry.

This has already been a long, hard, journey! However, I am ready and willing to fight to the end like true adventurer.  :rapture:

Long Term Goals

1. Feel comfortable and really love my body.

2. Get a grasp on my emotional eating! I will not be swimming next semester at UWM, so I want to pick up biking for fun.

3. Eat a diet that is lower in sugar. I need to really watch my sugar levels (Can bounce up to 117 grams a day!)

4. Feeling that success of being 150 for the first time since sixth grade. 

Current Main Goals

1. Eat healthy in the cafe!

2. Stay out of carb cave for a full week!

3. Find the right amount of calories!