Forums are back in action! ×

It's Dangerous to Go Alone, So I came here.

So I stumbled on to some website the other day I thought was pulling my leg, until I looked up at the clock and I had been reading it for hours. So I thought to myself,

"This Nerd Fitness fellow might be onto something." After multiple measly attempts to get my life in order I have decided I need more motivation, to document my story so I can be kept accountable of my actions and hopefully improve my quality of life and have fun doing it.

I was never the sporty kid in school but I was madly addicted to World of Warcraft for a long time, So it's time I put those powers of endless grinding to use for good instead of evil... I will not succumb to the dark side this time! (Even if they have cookies...) Two months ago I joined a yoga class hoping it would calm my body and mind, and hopefully give my muscles something to do, and now I want more. 

Which brings me to the here and now. Hullo, My name is Teagarden, and I would like to be part of your rebellion. I will not let you down!

I am going to be trying my best to work a healthy lifestyle into my random weekly schedule. Shift work means that I sometimes don't sleep till after midnight, or sleep in and miss breakfast, then eat too much and don't move enough (which is obviously the wrong way around.) And I really want to be able to run away from those fast zombies during the zombiepocalypse.

I also have a tendency to struggle with my motivation and stress about pointless things which leads me to sleep in and over eat. And play WoW. And The Sims. 

When I started yoga on a whim a month or so ago when work was really stressful and I ended up really enjoying it so I've stuck with it, and now I feel ready to work into some proper fitness stuff, with small diet changes along the way. I'm thinking, bodyweights and then proper weights once I build up some use-able strength. And barefoot running a long way off in my future sounds like it could be fun too. No shoes in the zombipocalypse. 

I'd really appreciate feedback from anyone on a similar quest (Let's party up!) with food ideas, or how to mix your workouts up, or what music you listen to while you're grinding, Or if you're just a friendly fellow and you'd like to chat, that's cool too.

EDIT:

Completely rewrote it entirely, and started a battle log.

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

That's a lot for an introductory post, you ought to make a Battle Log for this. Good on you for taking the first steps and joining, the next step should be finding a side kick or three or four to keep you on track and planning for your challenge. Though, I think you've got challenge-worthy goals already. Best of luck!

Space_Elf, Fallohide Hobbit Level 0. STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log | 

Science fiction is an existential metaphor, that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said: "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

That's a lot for an introductory post, you ought to make a Battle Log for this. Good on you for taking the first steps and joining, the next step should be finding a side kick or three or four to keep you on track and planning for your challenge. Though, I think you've got challenge-worthy goals already. Best of luck!

Yes, I should! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. And thanks for the warm welcome!

Stonie

They/Them

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Welcome!

I hope you'll join us for some challenges.

Bahaha, that's so cute. 

In the future I think I will :) 

Stonie

They/Them