Forums are back in action! ×

I'm Thankful Already!

Hi all!

I've been devouring content from this website and really enjoying it. Not only is it informative, but it has a really encouraging vibe that I appreciate a lot.

I'm male, 5'7", 180 lbs. That puts my BMI at 28.2 (upper end of "overweight," but safely shy of "obese"). I know the BMI isn't that great an indicator, but I'm just giving you a general idea where I'm at.

Thanks to help from some of the exercise science students at the college where I work, I'm developing good workout plans and am having fun and making strength gains at the gym.

Food is more of a problem. I have a serious sugar problem, but I'm fighting it! I prefer not to eat meat, so I don't see myself doing the paleo thing, but I do want to eat healthier. Quinoa is my friend.

I'm a web programmer, so spend way too much time hunched over a desk, but I've been making time to work out 4 times a week for a few months now.

Again, I really enjoy this site and look forward to chatting with y'all on the boards.

I don't know about you, but cutting sugar out completely was bad nears bears for me. If you lower your intake more and more every week it's easier to quit over time.

Welcome to the community buddy.

• Like 1

I want to be as strong as I need to be. Physically, as well as mentally.

"Even a reject can surpass an elite, if he trains hard enough!" - Goku

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

Hi, I am an upstater too! It's great you get to workout and have that great resource! 

How are you doing with eliminating sugar? I have that same goal. Little by little I am changing and getting use to less sugar. I am using Stevia as a replacement and that has been helpful.

How about your healthy fats? Do you like avocado? Nuts? They help me with sugar cravings and make me feel satiated. 

• Like 1

The war on sugar is going pretty well. I'm down 6 lbs. to 172!

@Liberator, thanks for the tip about avocados and nuts. I eat a lot of (paleo people don't read this next bit) grain-based salads, like quinoa/chickpea salad and tabouli. Adding a few nuts to those helps them to be more filling. Avocados have a similar effect on green salads.

In an effort to get somewhere near my recommended amount of protein, I bought a tub of whey protein and am having one of those shakes every day.

I so sometimes still crave sugary junk, but not as frequently. I can usually distract myself until it goes away.

Thanks to all for your encouraging comments!

• Like 2

You're going to find the Paleo folks here are pretty open minded!

I was able to cut sugar out by eating more nutritive fats, and increasing my fruit intake. Once my body gets an apple or two, my sugar craving goes way down!

Welcome to the Rebellion, man!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Glad to hear the war on sugar is going well and you are seeing results! It is great to get that positive reinforcement when you are working on making changes. 

I am curious about the workout the exercise science students are creating for you?  I am learning as I go. Cool to have a team working on you… like the bionic man.  :playful: