Forums are back in action! ×

My cats are trolls!

Hi!

So, this has been going on for a while, but my cats are massive trolls! Everytime I get ready to do a workout, they get in the way. I place my yoga mat on the floor, and one of them comes to lie down on it. The table I use to lean on during my one arm rows, one of them lies down on it! When I do my push ups against the window sill, one of them lies on the bed and watches me.

It's like they're saying: "hey, just chill and lie down, like us".

Jeesh, even my cats are enablers!

Are there any other pet parents here with the same problem?

silyl cats.

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

If I do anything on the ground near my dog, she takes one look at me and thinks she is going love, she will do whatever she can to get it including linking you and putting her paw on you, many times to get your attention

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

I never could do yoga at home for that reason. If I shut the door, they banged on it and stuffed their paws under it.

If I foam roll at home, my one cat gets sooo excited and wants to cuddle. Go figure that one out.

Kittehs.... Sheesh. But they are sooo cute.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Oh, cats are absolutely trolls! Here's an excerpt from my challenge thread, where I'm attempting to meditate...

I sat down to meditate last night as I normally do, sitting on the floor with the lights turned off. I'm doing the initial 5-4-8 breathing, and about halfway through I hear one of my cats come into the room. This is unavoidable, and has happened in the past, and I've gotten better at simply ignoring the cat(s). I keep focusing on my breathing as the cat goes under the bed and does...something. I don't know what, because I'm not focusing on her at all.

Then I hear mom coming up the stairs, and lose focus only when I think crap, I hope she doesn't know I'm here, or doesn't ask me anything, ...but alas, that was not to be.

Mom: "Naxius?" (No, this isn't my real name.)

Me: "Hmm?"

Mom: "What are you doing?"
Me: "Meditation exercise."

By now, it's clear that I'll have to start the meditation over.

Mom: "Did the cat come up here?"

Me: "Yeah."

Mom: "Where is she? I think she stole some salami."

I reluctantly rose to my feet and turned the light on, then looked under the bed. The cat was there, hidden in the shadows and messing with what was most likely a slice of salami. I reached under the bed to take it away from her and was quite shocked when I grabbed not a slice, but one half of an entire salami saussage.

Me: "..."

Mom: "FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU"

The look on the cat's face was a mixture of guilt, disappointment, and anger.

It took me about 10 minutes to be able to focus again, because I couldn't stop laughing.

• Like 1

I have a picture recently- I may post it- my sewing project cast aside- and his highness has come crawling over the top edge of the couch to muscle his way into my lap.

They are awful.

Well he is awful.

Gigantor mostly keeps to her self- she is the epitome of  "Basement" cat. 

But this is why I don't bother working out at home.

Shitthead actually runs around under foot trying to trip you in the early hours- it would be excessively funny if it really weren't dangerous- he's a large 17 lb cat. LMAO- if he got tangled there would be NO QUESTION- you'd be going down.

Yep, cat loves to "help" workout. Mat out, cat on it.

While foam roll/lacrosse ball rolling, I need to give him a ball too.

See if you can get them to sit on your back for push ups. Added weight makes you stronger ;-)

The only thing my cat hates and stays away from is the skipping. That rope scares him.

pre-Assassin

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!

Twitter

The cat I used to have, that now lives with my gma, loved to be in the chair that I was using for pushups. He would sit at the back and swat at my hair if it fell forward. One time, he started to meow every time I did a pull pushup and I couldn't finish because I started laughing thinking that he was counting for me.

Starting weight: 195    Now weight: 160

A past will chase you if you try to escape from it, but once you confront it, it's just an old memory inside you.

I never could do yoga at home for that reason. If I shut the door, they banged on it and stuffed their paws under it.

If I foam roll at home, my one cat gets sooo excited and wants to cuddle. Go figure that one out.

Kittehs.... Sheesh. But they are sooo cute.

Mine is the same way.  If I'm on the ground for any sort of Mobility work it's time to for rolling on me and demanding some pets.  

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a foam roll?

Basically mushing your muscles against a rolled up piece of foam.  It greatly helps with soreness and to keep muscles fresh, among other things.  Example of foaming rolling a lat muscle:

2013-11-04-Roller05_002.gif

I can't leave my foam roller out because my cats will attack it.  I have the hard black foam one and there's chunks taken out of it, those little fuckers.

Also if I ride my trainer, that is when the cats decide it is a great idea to run under my bike where the pedals are.  So either I kick them or I have to stop pedaling so they can get by.  Yes, there are other ways around the bike, but apparently my cat likes to pretend he's Indiana Jones and has to dodge the death traps.

Butts.

I used to have a cat that would drape himself over my shoulder. Like a scarf. And just hang there. Then look at me like I was the crazy one when I tried to move him so I could go about my business.

He also used to eat with his paws. What a wonderful little weirdo.  :rapture:

I made that sound like he died, I'm sure he's still doing it somewhere. He wasn't mine per se, but I lived where he lived. And when I moved out he stayed with his family.

I can't leave my foam roller out because my cats will attack it.  I have the hard black foam one and there's chunks taken out of it, those little fuckers.

Also if I ride my trainer, that is when the cats decide it is a great idea to run under my bike where the pedals are.  So either I kick them or I have to stop pedaling so they can get by.  Yes, there are other ways around the bike, but apparently my cat likes to pretend he's Indiana Jones and has to dodge the death traps.

Yep, mine has his own little mat now that he can chew up. That seems to be the only way to keep him from chewing foam rollers, mats and yoga blocks. I should take a pic sometime, my yoga block has some awesome teeth prints on it.

Oh the bike.... Sigh...

pre-Assassin

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!

Twitter

I have seen this many times. My dog (that I had many years ago) thought floor work meant I wanted to have my face licked.  My former housemate's cats thought forward stretches meant I was looking for a cat to pet.  The one cat got into the floor work though knowing I would pet him during leg work if I had an arm free.  It got to where if he heard my workout audio track going he'd come racing down the stairs worried he'd missed it.  He loved that a human would lay down on the floor with him and seemed to totally revel in it.  Mostly he didn't get in my way, occasionally I'd have to move him over a bit.  I have a foam step for bench stepping that I had to keep well away from these same cats or they'd use it as a scratching post, it still has scars.  These days the only pets in my home are three very small parrots and although they are allowed to fly around, they tend to stick to a certain area in the house and do not trouble me during workouts.   :D  

• Faery Ranger   :onthego:

I used to have a cat that would drape himself over my shoulder. Like a scarf. And just hang there. Then look at me like I was the crazy one when I tried to move him so I could go about my business.

My cat does the same thing!

He also jumps on my back during push ups, eats my hair during crunches, LOVES to use my yoga mat as a scratching post, and meows and scratches the door if i shut the door.  He also thinks he's a blogger - whenever I'm on the computer he stands on the keyboard and (in my head) tries to type things.

He's such an adorable little jerk.

EDIT:

Also just came across this and had to add it to this thread, I wish my cat was more of this kind of troll:

intervention+cat.jpg

& I believe that cat counts as a ninja.

• Like 1