Forums are back in action! ×

I was a poster child for the cola companies.  I probably went through at least 2 12-packs of sugary sodas throughout the week and weekend at home, and several 20 ounce bottles per day at work.

I started phasing them out about a month ago, backing down one less can this day, one less bottle and can this day, etc.

Now I'm a water-addicted freak, and I'm down 21 pounds.  I haven't had a pepsi, mountain dew, or other form of liquid sugary death in a week.

I've done this before, the longest I managed was 3 months before "rewarding myself" became "full on soda binge", but I just don't see myself going back to drinking in excess of 1500 liquid calories a day after this.

Woot!  I'm Soda-Free!

Adams-Sensei; 4th Dan, Shotokan Karate

Level 0 Human Monk/Dad

Str: 0 - Dex: 0 - Sta: 0 - Con: 0 - Wis: 0, Cha: 0

Awaiting first challenge!

It's funny how a lot of people don't understand how much of an accomplishment this is!! Congratulations! 

I watched my SO go through the same thing. He drank pop errryday. When he quit he went through withdrawals, had headaches and was irritable. But made it through! 

Pop addiction is a REAL addiction. So happy for you! Keep it up! 

• Like 1

SW: 193lbs

CW: 152lbs

GW: Healthy/Strong

Lost 40lbs of fat, working on building muscle with heavy lifting. 

Follow me on Instagram (jdoiron) or Twitter (@jdanielledoiron

Also visit my website for healthy recipes and some life advice! (From my experience) jessicadoiron.com

Fellow nerd in training. 

That's so awesome! I've seen how hard it can be for someone to stop drinking soda altogether (college roommate drank Pepsi like his life depended on it, then tried to quit), so mad props to you!

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

Great job man! I was much the same as you about 6 months ago I quit cold turkey. it was hard because I HATED the taste of water. But now I go through 8 or 9 bottles of water a day instead of 2 two liters of Pepsi. Saves me money, sleep better, and feel better--I just wish my weight was dropping as hot as yours!

Keep it up man! You got this!

First 6 Week Challenge

Progress to weight loss goal (Lose 20 pounds):

15%
00CCFF; background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">15%

Well done!  Keep it up, too!  I've only had one soda in months (I couldn't even tell you when the last one was... well, besides the one I just mentioned, which was Christmas Eve).  I actually figured out that something happened to my physically when I drank Dew (my favorite!) after a hiatus from soda - I got short of breath.  If you have a soda again, really see how you feel after downing the chemical concoction.

Dwarf Assassin | Level 2

STR (2) ~ DEX (3) ~ STA (3) ~ CON (3) ~ WIS (1) ~ CHA (3) 

Current Challenge Thread | 101 Things
"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions." -Robin Hood