Forums are back in action! ×

I would join that guild.

WoW is such a clusterball these days, between the awful playerbase and the odd decisions that Blizzard is making. It really has turned into My First MMO. But yes, updated graphics.

I tried to move to Rift, but the installer blue-screen-of-death'd my computer :(

I think I will always love WoW, no matter what horrible things they do to the game haha. I quit for a like 6 months at a time but I always end up going back. Maybe the next time I end up back I'll start up a guild and see what happens. 

I have been dabbling with Rift and I just can't get into it. And talk about awful player base. That's the one good thing about a monthly subscription, helps keep out some of the little kids haha! 

• Like 1

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8
Current Challenge: Picking Up The Pieces

I've been playing Neverwinter, and like it quite a bit. Gets stale, but that's to be expected. TERA is cool, and beautiful to look at, but the fan service gets a little old quickly. You can only handle SO MUCH butt-cheek while you're questing!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Guest Dirty Deads

No other MMO held my attention quite like WoW.  I created a guild for shits and giggles for just my friends and I. At first we called it Vagtastic Voyage, but of course, it was reported. Then I had West Coast offense and Candle Taker's Union(we were like the Orkin Man for Kobolds) and finally, my current guild id Hittin Dem Hozen Beaches.

My boyfriend is thinking of playing again, since Blizzard lost Ghostcrawler. A lot of the changes that came about after he became developer were changes my boyfriend didn't like. The newest expansion 'looks more like burning crusade style of storytelling and game play' so he's considering picking it up again.

I really miss playing WoW myself, although I was always a more casual player than him. If he started playing again, I would too (since I already play EVE Online with him).

The new character models look pretty awesome. That was the only thing that really bothered me about WoW.

Any other MMORPG I've ever played was not as well-designed as WoW... I'm playing FFXIV right now, and it's probably the most comparable to have come out in a long time, but it's still not the same. Not even on the same level of complexity. Animation locks, fewer abilities/combos, the boss fights are far from creative in terms of encountering 'different' types of threats... plus there's content being released now that should have been out upon the *second* release without issue, IMO.

Square Enix for ya. They were not very good at releasing good content for FFXI either. That game was a snore-fest.

I tried TERA, GW2 and Rift as well... Rift was terribly unbalanced, as is TERA, although I did like the idea of being required to watch the enemy instead of the UI. GW2 was a great single player game... again lots of cool concepts that weren't quite executed well. Their dungeons were terrible. Many of the bosses would kill you unless you incapacitated it with some simple one-button spam while the rest of the party zerged it. Not much strategy involved. Mostly just annoying.

I really like EVE Online, but it's not an MMORPG, so I can't really compare it to WoW.

• Like 2

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens