Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone!

Recruit looking to join the rebellion reporting for duty!

First my backstory: Last year I got hit by a car and injured my knee and this forced me to quit playing volleyball (I've played for about 20 years, since my 10th basically). As you may understand, this made me very sad. However, at the same time my girlfriend got pregnant which made me very happy. Our daughter is now about 10 weeks old. During the past year, I've been to the gym only once. Also I've not been picky about what I eat and snack. The result is that I'm now about 100kg with around 20-22% bodyfat.

I realize these stats are not shocking, but to me my wake-up call was when I couldn't close my trousers anymore. I've always been reasonably fit, not real big or skinny, I've never had a 6-pack or anything like that, but my clothes fit nicely and slim-fit shirts looked good. Now I need to hold in my gut and I think I might have a or b cup man-boobs. This cannot stand.

My goal is to reach 15% BF. How much I weigh doesn't really matter to me, but I don't want to be stick thin :) Nerf Fitness seems the good way to get there!

I have a 40 hour/week desk job (Software Engineer), which doesn't really help to get in shape :)

Another reason I'm posting here is because I just got my 2nd email from NF which commanded me to go find a support group! So here I am, looking for support :) I've tried making my girlfriend exciting about excercising but she just wants to do her own thing and assumes I'm unhappy with how she looks if I talk about it, so I need my support group online :) Hope you people can help me!

That's it for me! I'm off browsing the rest of this forum now while my code is compiling on my workstation :)

Dirk

Yep. Do not talk to girlfriends about their needs to exercise. You are brave, Dirk, very brave...

Anyways I am new too. I am just here to show support of the guy who starts at the same day!

I'm in the same place as you mate, my wife and I could both do with a lifestyle change, and even though she is no where near as overweight as I am she is unfit, but the thought of bringing up the subject just conjures up images of me knocking on my parents door for a place to sleep...

Maybe if she she's a change in me, it will inspire her to do it off her own back :friendly_wink:

Vido Ardes (VEE-DOW ARR-DEZ)
Race: Roegadyn | Class: Ranger | Job: Mercenary | Stats: STR 4 DEX 3 STA 4 CON 2 WIS 0 CHA 1 | Level: 1
EXP to Level 2: Complete 3 sessions at gym per week, for the next 4 weeks | Progress: 3 / 4
Side Quest: Buy new gym clothes

My Battle Log | My Epic QuestMy Fitness Pal Food & Exercise Diary

"Strength without determination means nothing, and determination without strength is equally useless." - Godo Kisaragi (FFVII)