Forums are back in action! ×

Typical Runner's Physique Not Wanted

As you can tell from this title and my name, I am a distance runner with no plans of quitting any time soon.  However, I have no desire to be the stereotypical skinny female with no muscle tone and a paunch around the middle.  "Skinny- fat" is what I call it--sorry if that offends you.  That being said, I have always struggled with consistency, especially with weights because I tend to think I could use that time doing more running.  When I am training for a race- forget about it!  Soon, muscle imbalance led to injury and that (along with age) has forced me to find a way to maintain strength (and definition) while continuing to improve my race times.

And now I'm here.

A few details.  I am not 100% paleo, but have discovered that eliminating wheat from my diet also eliminated joint inflammation--allowing me to run easier and recover quicker.  I also soak up fitness and nutrition information like a parched sponge.  Too bad knowing and doing are not the same thing!

Any other scouts out there aspiring to be druids?

• Like 1

Chocolate Runner

Welcome to the Rebellion! I've noticed the same thing about cutting wheat, and now ALL processed foods: I feel better, my workouts are better, and my food cravings are really under control. It's like a magic... Weird, un-processed magic!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG