Forums are back in action! ×

Tommy Khaos returns to the way of the ninja.

The 24 year-old former ninja wonders what happened to his past. He realizes he has lost touch with his sense of adventure and his ninja spirit while in pursuit of wisdom and nurturing offspring. But what's this? A new group of adventurous warriors has made its presence known and beckons the young ninja into its ranks. The way of the assassin has not been closed, only lost for a time. Now is the time to return to his roots and beyond, to master the way of the assassin.

Okay, so maybe I'm not much for fantasy storytelling, haha. Anyway, I used to be really into climbing structures and mastering obstacles (a little more dangerous than necessary, at times), but fell out of it since having kids and going to nursing school at Weber State. I've since earned my Bachelor's degree and am now practicing. I've continued to exercise through school but realized a couple months ago that something needed to give in my workout routine. I just didn't have the drive anymore and was skipping more and more workouts, resulting in finding it harder to maintain my current routine and be more tired afterward. An ugly downward spiral.

I found nerd fitness and it struck my geeky side hard. I figured I was in pretty good shape so I attempted the advanced bodyweight workout and found myself lying spread-eagle on the floor with tunnel-vision halfway through. A ninja doesn't give up, though, so I now had proof that work was needed and a new resolve to be worthy of the Assassins Guild by the time I was able to join after the next challenge. I have been at it for 10 days now and have already seen a dramatic improvement. The goals I was initially considering good have already mostly been met so I can set my sights higher for the beginning of the challenge in January. I'm very excited to level up my life!

Though it was technically a few workouts in, I included a starting image to help motivate myself as I see improvement.

post-25090-0-11539800-1387755371_thumb.j

Race: Half Orc/Elf. Class: Assassin. Level: 3 STR: 7 DEX: 9 STA: 4 CON: 5 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: Tommy Khaos VS Gravity!

My battle plan is as follows:

• Do the advanced body-weight circuit at least 3x weekly modified each time to improve in some way.
  • Remember to stretch at the end of each workout.
  • Cut my cereal eating habit down to once-a-day (My favorite thing to eat)
  • Take nuts with me to work to snack on instead of granola bars.
  • Eat some sort of fresh produce every day, the more the better.

My battle plans outside of fitness include:

• Finish putting together the in-home salon for my lady.
  • Massage her pregnant belly with lotion daily.
  • Keep myself motivated and limit mistakes at work.

I think I'm off to a good start!

Race: Half Orc/Elf. Class: Assassin. Level: 3 STR: 7 DEX: 9 STA: 4 CON: 5 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

BATTLE-LOG

My battle so far using the Advanced Body Weight Circuit as a baseline:

20 one-legged squats

20 body-weight squats

20 walking lunges

20 jump-step-ups

10 pull-ups

10 dips

10 chin-ups

10 push-ups

30 second plank

Repeat circuit x3.

12/12/13 - My initial attempt. Made it through the first circuit, made it to chin-ups before I felt faint and had to lie on the floor for 10 minutes. Realized that my main goal needs to be to work up the stamina to complete this circuit training.

12/14/13 - Second attempt. Due to the surprising amount of soreness in my thighs and butt, I decided to cut out the one-legged squats, jump-step-ups, and two sets of lunges. Completed this partial circuit 3x but still felt pretty woozy.

12/16/13 - Did half sets of the 4 leg workouts for the first 2 circuits. Was feeling pretty good still so I did the complete circuit on the third time around. Was tired, but surprised to find I didn't feel woozy at all. Threw in a set of 20 decline push-ups to top it off. Feeling pretty good!

12/18/13 - I liked the decline push-ups so I decided to replace all the push-ups with declines. Succeeded in completing the full circuit x3! Feeling very proud of my rapid improvement and relishing the athletic feeling I had forgotten from pushing yourself to improve. Started messing around with my furniture and found a way to do makeshift handstand push-ups by bending 90 degrees at the waist and handstanding on the floor. Did a set of 10 and had bloodshot eyes for an hour, haha.

12/20/13 - Since the upper-body workouts are currently easier for me since that's what my previous exercise worked on, I upped the pull/chin-ups to sets of 12 and the dips/declines to sets of 15. Completed a full circuit x3 of this boosted circuit. Felt exhausted but not woozy!

12/22/13 - My workout today. Boosted dips to sets of 20 and did last set of push-ups as handstands. Managed all 15! Was able to get my workout done a little faster than last time and was less exhausted as well! (Though still covered in sweat) Considering buying the weight-vest I promised myself sooner rather than later...

Hi Tommy!

Woah, that's a lot of butt you're kicking there! It's amazing how quickly bad habits can form, isn't it? Good on you for getting back in the saddle before the horse got too far (that's a real saying, right?)

Glad to have you with us! Stay sharp!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.