Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! I'm Lady Eleventy, or Ele if you, like me, don't feel like using the full title all the time. I am a 20 year old Public Administration major graduating from NAU next semester (I am so stoked!). My wonderful husband, who might be joining us here at the Rebellion soon (cross your fingers) is pretty much the single greatest thing to ever happen to me and his encouragements and support for my fitness goals is what brought me here!

See, I am by nature, an artist with an enormous bust (there is a point to the mention of boobs, I swear) and not much in the way of consistent exercise. My hobbies are mostly sedentary because of this, I crochet, paint, sculpt, sew, draw, write, read, cook etc. I never was a big fan of anything that required much more effort than yoga and the occasional long walk. Many reasons for this, but one that I kept citing is that because of my bust (34H) finding a good sports bra was hard enough and even then there's not much short of complete binding that and prevent them completely from bounding like basketballs (which many ladies will understand, hurts like a mother). I made excuse after excuse, intermittently going on health kicks only to fall back into my old ways for some reason or another. My mister never saw anything wrong with my body, but because I was unhappy with it, he began to encourage me to strive for a healthier lifestyle. He bought me a specialized sports bra to prevent too much pain, taught me all he knew about fitness Army style, but still I never took much to heart. He tried so hard to help me, but with him being in basic and AIT for 6 1/2 months, there was little that he could do. I ate little meals hoping that it would cut down my weight, but I was eating all the wrong things. My emotions would get the best of me and nothing would stick.   

Until one day, my beloved introduced me to a video game called Assassins Creed. While he was on leave two months ago, I would watch him play AC III and I fell in love with both the story line and the juicy historical tidbits. So he went out and bought me the first and second games so that I could catch up until I could join him overseas. I didn't know it then, but that video game would later inspire me to become a better version of myself. I followed Altair through Jerusalem, Acre, and Damascus. I scaled buildings, leaped from minarets, and battled the Templar forces in the name of free will. It sparked a desire in me, to be able to do all of that in real life, though I did not yet recognize it yet. Ezio then came into my life, this self centered, self proclaimed Casanova, pampered, pretty boy who some times I wanted to reach inside the game and slap. Until he transformed in the wake of his family's death into a man who bloomed in the face of adversity. He learned everything from stretch, slowly refining his skills over years of training. It was then that it hit me, that little spark that Atlair lit within became a fire, small at first, but just as strong.

Fast forward a week (yes, lots of words for changes that happened in a relatively short time period, shhhh) my curiosity about AC brought  me to an article by the creator of this excellent site. I dug deeper and found that I was not alone. There were many people like me, nerds by nature, who were determined to be strong, fast, skilled, and devoted to not only their books, games, and hobbies, but also to their health. I stumbled upon a smorgasbord of information and new ways of motivation for my fitness needs and finally awakened my motivation to begin my quest to better health and one day, scale buildings like Altair and bloom in the face of my own adversity like Ezio.

My name is Lady Eleventy and I am a member of the Rebellion.

p.s. I am very friendly and are very open to any advice so hi! 

Hobbit Assassin Recruit

Level 0

Str: 0     Dex: 0     Sta: 0     Con: 0     Wis: 0     Cha: 0

“Though she may be but little, she is fierce!†
― Helena, Midsummer Night's Dream, Shakespeare

Challenge Page | Soon to be Bucket list page

Howard Shore is my homeboy

Hello, and well done for getting started. I share (or at least used to share) the bust issue. A good fitting is essential. In the UK there's a shop called Rigby & Peller where they measure you up on sight alone, and all sports bras I've got from them have been amazing. I've had to accept that I have to spend a fortune on bras, though. But I've found I've lost loads of weight from the chest area so over time it's become less of an issue. Definitely don't let it stop you! And some kinds of exercise are better than others - running can still be quite uncomfortable but weight lifting rocks because it's not bouncy!

Welcome to the Rebellion, Ele!

Here's a great workout to start with: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

OR, if you have a good park that isn't covered in snow: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/04/12/playground-workout/

I'm sure the Assassin's Guild will be a great fit for you!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Hello, and well done for getting started. I share (or at least used to share) the bust issue. A good fitting is essential. In the UK there's a shop called Rigby & Peller where they measure you up on sight alone, and all sports bras I've got from them have been amazing. I've had to accept that I have to spend a fortune on bras, though. But I've found I've lost loads of weight from the chest area so over time it's become less of an issue. Definitely don't let it stop you! And some kinds of exercise are better than others - running can still be quite uncomfortable but weight lifting rocks because it's not bouncy!

I feel like a three year old in a candy store! I can't believe there are so many choices for sports bras and for such reasonable prices, or at least reasonable for our sizes lol. My sister is a 32 B and she can by five bras for about the same price as one of mine. Thank for this reference, even with the shipping to the states it is still cheaper than the ONE sports bra I have right now. :)

Welcome to the Rebellion, Ele!

Here's a great workout to start with: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

OR, if you have a good park that isn't covered in snow: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/04/12/playground-workout/

I'm sure the Assassin's Guild will be a great fit for you!

Thanks for the welcome! it's good to be here among fellow nerds :) I live in AZ so that last workout I can totally do without a problem, it has't snowed in Phoenix in over a hundred years! *Is super excited to try it out* Thank you for the link, there are so many great articles here that I completely missed that little treasure :D

Hobbit Assassin Recruit

Level 0

Welcome my Lady!

Arizona is a great place to be if you hate snow. I visited there a few years ago. I went to a ranch somewhere outside of Phoenix. I can relate to the bust issue as well. But take heart, and keep us posted on your progress!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Thank you Silver! Yeah, I have lived here for most of my life but I love snow and mived to Flagstaff for two years for University and there was so much snow! Loved it but Moved back to phoenix to move to Korea in February with my mister. Long story but snow!

Anyway, it's so nice to Find so many people that understand the bust issue. Not many people IRL have experienced it and just scoff at me when I express the difficulty it causes!

Hobbit Assassin Recruit

Level 0

Thank you Silver! Yeah, I have lived here for most of my life but I love snow and mived to Flagstaff for two years for University and there was so much snow! Loved it but Moved back to phoenix to move to Korea in February with my mister. Long story but snow!

Anyway, it's so nice to Find so many people that understand the bust issue. Not many people IRL have experienced it and just scoff at me when I express the difficulty it causes!

In other words you were not getting the :sunglasses: support you need. Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

In other words you were not getting the :sunglasses: support you need. Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I may or may not have choked on my water laughing at that.... hehe 

Hobbit Assassin Recruit

Level 0