Forums are back in action! ×

Happy to be here

Hi all, I'm Prairie. I've been lurking on this website and on the forum for a couple of months, and finally decided to take the dive and sign up. I'm really impressed by, well, I guess the entire premise of this place, as well as the inclusive, supportive and apparently non-trolly environment in the forums (wut's wrong wit u people. dont u know the internetz is for h8ting?)

I may or may not be typical of members here. I've been active my whole life so I'm not looking to make a sea change in my lifestyle. Of course, there is always room for improvement, which is what got me looking for no-BS fitness information in the first place. Also, I'm not a nerd, at least not by the definition tacitly used by Nerd Fitness - i.e., I don't understand half of the pop culture references used around here. But I am a scientist, so I fall squarely into some category of nerd, anyway. 

I best fit in the Assassin guild - basically I love any activity that involves making interesting shapes with the body, or moving the body through interesting patterns in space. Dance is my primary activity; before dance I used to do Aikido, and before that gymnastics. I also enjoy walking, hiking, cycling, skiing (x-country and downhill), skating and canoeing. Recently my goals have been to improve my eating habits, increase upper body strength, and perhaps fix my messed up hips. 

Look forward to being a part of this great community!

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Hi! Wow, how do you find the time for all of that? I'm new too, I found the site about 2 days ago, I'm gathering information so I can go and fully sort myself out in the new year. Good to know you. =)

"I think it was blessed are the cheesemakers."

"What's so special about the cheesemakers?"

"Well obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products."

EriTheHedgehog, level 0 Wood elf. Druid at heart, training with the adventurers.

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Challenge 1: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42099-watch-out-world-eris-coming-to-getcha/

Hi! Wow, how do you find the time for all of that? I'm new too, I found the site about 2 days ago, I'm gathering information so I can go and fully sort myself out in the new year. Good to know you. =)

I don't! Not on a regular basis, anyway. Only walking, cycling and x-country skiing happen regularly, the rest happen a few times a year if and when they fit in. 

Nice to meet you! Good luck with your info gathering.

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Welcome Prairie!

Hey, as the Rebel Leader says, we don't care where you come from. All that matters is where you are going. It's awesome that you want to improve. Too many people have a "good enough" approach to life anyway. Good luck with your training and keep us posted! And don't worry about the pop culture references. We're here to level up our lives and have fun while doing it! How you have fun is entirely up to you!

PS.

You avatar is adorable!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.