Forums are back in action! ×

Salutations fellow earth clan. Q( ' ' Q)

Isn't this lovely? I can choose my favorite basic font, Georgia.

Nevertheless, greetings everyone. My current display name is in fact kymosabei, so I suppose we'll be sticking with that for now (Especially seeing as I've apparently been a member of these boards since early January). I spent a ton of time trying to think of a cool/nerdy topic title, and I finally landed with a good ol' Mass Effect reference. After all, I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite website on the internet. Alas, onto the nitty gritty (so long as I still have your attention).

My Story (A short & sweet synopsis):

I hail from a less fortunate family of sorts, so doing things such as eating healthy etc, weren't on the table back in the day so much as surviving. I used to be fairly introverted, which at young age lead to my inevitable relationship with the internet, soda, and any food I could obtain in large quantity so I wouldn't have to move from my computer. After a few socially uplifting experiences, I have become an extroverted butterfly and my inherent desire for social interaction now gets me into more trouble than I'd like (spending too much money on alcohol/food/other nefarious things). My current stats are as follows:

• Height: 5"9 3/4 (My driver's license definitely says five ten, but I figured it was time to be honest)
  • Weight: About 240lbs

My Battle Plans (I enjoy following lists):

I'm not so sure about what my battle plans are, but I think I have an idea? I definitely want to get fit. If I had any mentionable pipe dreams, I'd say I'd like to be able to dunk like Nate Robinson (clearly unlikely), or be able to mimic even 5% of what Faith from Mirror's Edge can do. 

What I'm bringing to the table (Hopefully I'm understanding this right):

Over the course of the past year I have studied the Paleo Lifestyle (I prefer to think of it as such rather than a diet), and I even participated in it for about three months. Needless to say, it was a phenomenal experiment, and I loved everything about living my life in that manner for that period of time. However, I succumbed to the pressures of work and school; I told myself that it was too difficult, time consuming, and expensive to do it (classic poor college kid woes).

I'm really coming here to find support to further my motivation for living healthier. I've always been a stubborn loner with the goals in my life, and I've found that it's no way to live. I love helping people all the time, but when people offer me help or I know I need it, I choose to suffer. So I'm here to ask for your wisdom and guidance in this journey that I'm about to embark upon.

Any takers?

• Like 1

Whoa whoa whoa,asking for wisdom from me is like wishing Sheppard would dance well. While it isn't impossible, it is highly improbable. 
Though I guess I can impart something at times.

Welcome to the Fitness of Nerds, Commander. I'm happy to be your welcoming committee on this, the day of my daughter's wedding. I am the King of Lame and am impressed with your participation in the Paleo for that long. I don't think I can cut bread from my eating habits. Anyway, being a newbie here myself I cannot say I have much knowledge on much that goes on here. I can say that the people here are extremely supportive and will offer and provide the assistance that you may need. 

Seeing as you wish to be a Ranger too I would like to wish you dedication and the heart for the roughest of workouts. I look forward to hearing of you progress. Welcome to the site, Kymo.

May the Lame be with you.

Cin vhetin. Ca'nara at am, vod!

0.5%
0.5%

Race: Gallifreyan.

Class: Vigilante (Ranger/ Assassin/ Monk)

Current Class: Assassin

Level: 3 Level Per Class: 2/ 1/ 0
STR: 4 DEX: 4
STA: 6 CON: 6
WIS: 4 CHA: 5

Yo I wanna reply more but I'm outta time

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Welcome Kymosabei!

Don't worry, the rebellion is here for you! You say that you want to get fit, but do you have any particular objectives in mind? Like do you want to lift heavy stuff? Run really fast? Perform a tough yoga pose? The first step is to find a goal, then make plans to reach that goal. Good work on the paleo lifestyle! It is a pretty impressive way of life, isn't it?

Remember: don't try to do everything at once. Slow and steady is the way to go here. Take small steps, one at a time, and one day you'll look back and you won't believe how far you've come.

Good luck with your goals and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

I was walking to my car yesterday :)

I don't know who nate or faith are... but you can do it!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move