Forums are back in action! ×

There are Nerds in Australia too!

Gidday everyone (Yes we really say that sometimes).  Neitzschecat here from Sydney, Australia. I am an intellectually and physically hyperexcited and curious inner city girl.  I am a Ranger because there are just way too many great physical activities and I don't want to miss out on any of them!   My race is Undead because I am just too cool to be human and I am probably older than everyone else here (So I might look a bit slow and dodgy but I can still clear trash and kick boss ass!).

The bad side of being a ranger is that as well as all the great food I stick to most of the time, I am a sucker for sugar and red wine.  Wanting to try everything leads to trying a few too many things!  I have good muscle but a wee bit too much flesh to get visible credit for it!

I have discovered fitness rather late at 43, and have been training and I am super keen to make up for lost time!  My first love was strength training, which has progressed to Crossfit and kettlebells, but I don't want to miss out on anything else - I even did my first ever run in (sort of) the Sydney City2Surf last year, 14km from Hyde Park in Sydney City to glorious Bondi Beach (I was exactly on the 50th percentile as a female and for my age). I will try anything in any area of my life after discovering that being a nerd didn't mean I couldn't get off my ass and adventure!  

I love fitness gadgets (read Fitbit) and I also love gaming, WOW is dear to my heart and soul (I am an Undead Priest).  I like to intellectualise and know the details of everything so I am also just about to finish my Cert III in Fitness and commence the Cert IV to make me a qualified fitness trainer.  That doesn't mean I intend ever being a trainer - in fact my interest is in developing and marketing fitness programs for education and corporate institutions. 

So to sum it up I'm a semi-self-taught amateur who knows some of what she should be doing but needs a bit more discipline.  Hence I am here to learn all I can before hopefully being accepted as a mature age entrant to the Fitness Academy on Jan 1. Looking forward to meeting people on here!

Cheers

Neit