Forums are back in action! ×

Same goal, different path

Hi all,

My name is Alexis, I'm 24 and I'm from Australia. I've tried to tackle exercise and health goals before never seemed to stick with it - I always end up going back to my same habits. It wasn't until I read a book recently and having a hard look at my current lifestyle, that I've decided that sticking with my current habits just won't do anymore. 

I'm lucky enough to come across Nerd Fitness and The Rebellion as it is exactly what I've been looking for. A site that appeals to my nerdiness :) and has the information and support I need to keep me going. What I feel will be different this time around is that, I have a specific goal in mind - to reach 10% body fat by mid 2016. After reading the information on the site, I realised that the goals that I've been making have been too broad (i.e. I want to lose weight). 

I haven't researched yet if that goal is realistic (I'm sure it is though) and I haven't measured myself yet - something I'm looking at getting done within the next week. I have access to a 24hr gym which I've now been using quite regularly for the past week (and hoping to keep using regularly). I have also started to change my diet, I'm slowly learning about Paleo and what I can eat. It's exciting in a way.

One deterrent that has stopped me in the past is the fact that working out affects my focus for the next day (which affects me at my work). I'm hoping that striving for this goal can help me learn what I need to know to help with this. 

I also have a few people around me that makes excuses for not exercising and eating healthily. I've decided I don't want to be that person anymore who makes excuses and I want to show them it can be done.

I'm glad to be part of the rebellion and all the best to everyone in reaching their goals!

Edit: That being said, I'm looking at the different guilds and Assassins seem appealing to me for the 6 week challenge :P

-Alexis

Lexzy24

First Challenge | Second Challenge (Current Challenge)

My blog: www.altharia.com

Race: Halfling | Class: Assassin

[Level: 2 STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 0 ]

Welcome Lexzy!

Do you mean that you want to reach 10% total bodyfat, or that you want to reduce your weight to 10% your current bodyfat? The first one feasible, the second one probably not :)

10% bodyfat is tricky to pull off, even for a guy, but it is certainly achievable. My suggestion would be to stick to paleo eating and regular exercise (any exercise, pick what you like). That's probably your best bet for your goal. And then you'll have washboard abs!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Thanks SilverRapier!

Lol, yep, totally meant the first one. I'm taking it off the page here: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/. I'm hoping that by mid 2016 is realistic for reaching that percentage.

And definitely a good suggestion, I'll take it on :). I've just started learning what can I eat and what I can't eat in Paleo. Haha, one of my weaknesses is that I have a sweet tooth and I'm finding that chocolate is so hard to resist! I'll keep at it though!

Now that I think about it, I wonder what reducing my weight to 10% of my current bodyfat would look like? :P

Thanks, and I will keep everyone posted on how I go.

• Like 1

Lexzy24

First Challenge | Second Challenge (Current Challenge)

My blog: www.altharia.com

Race: Halfling | Class: Assassin

[Level: 2 STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 0 ]

The funny thing about the sweets? If you set your mind frame that they are what is in the way of you and that 10% goal, those sweets become the enemy. You've got a good road plan, and 2016 is a good time-frame to do it!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG