Forums are back in action! ×

something.. something.. something.. dark side

Hi all.  I'm Josh.  I've been lurking around and reading this site for a couple months now and finally decided to join and participate.

I'm 30 years old and am halfway through graduate school for theatre stage management.

That being said, most of current geekdom is theatre geekdom, but my roots in nerdiness go much further back.  I was once a very avid gamer.  Mostly RPG's from the SNES, PS1 era.  I still go back and play these games whenever I have a large chuck of time (which sadly is rare at the moment).  Also a big superhero nerd.  Love the steady influx of superhero movies that have been produced over the past several years (even if they don't stick to the canon).  Also an avid musician (okay..  not necessarily a super nerdy thing.. except I play the ukulele and the clarinet.  I don't see myself achieving rock star status that way).

I've struggled with my weight for as far back as I can remember.  I've always had a gut, moobs and a flabby ass.  I finally started taking control of my weight back in 2009.  I was working out regularly, eating well and got down to 155lbs which is the lowest I think I've ever seen the scale for me.  Then something wonderful happened that derailed my weight loss.  I started dating a wonderful guy, and the longer we were together, the less I cared about how I looked (damn happy fat)!  That relationship ended in 2012 (partially due to grad school) and left me 30lbs heavier.  Depression caused by the death of my mother, stress caused by grad school and life, and a new living situation (living with 3 classmates who eat like crap) has put another 20lbs on over the past year.

I'm ready to take control of my life.  It's not going to be easy and it's not going to come quick, but I will do it!

Welcome here! I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother and other things that have had a negative impact on your life. However, the first step is already taken now, you're here and you're open about who you are and what you want to do - that's a great start! I wish you all the best and good luck on your journey! :)

Chubby Half Elf - Adventurer

Level 0

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Challenge 1 | 2 | 3

Loss of a loved one is akin to PTSD in many ways, you're justified in being down about it! Now, it's time to build your legacy!

Theater work is amazing. My wife and I put on Same Time Next Year about 18 years ago, and while I had no clue what the hell was going on, it was really fun to build all the sets. The work you do is so hard, so challenging, yet so rewarding! Getting into shape is going to make your work that much easier!

All that being said, there is a new 6 week challenge coming up on Monday! If you're game, check out the link and build your battle plan!

Here's to the new you! And Welcome to the Rebellion!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG