Forums are back in action! ×

I'm so bad at clever titles! Hello anyway!

Hello all!

I'm a 22-year-old girl (woman?) from Kentucky, studying Mechanical Engineering (that's one of my many nerd qualifications). I'm married with two cats, haha, and I write on a novel in my spare time, among other things. I've been reading/following Nerd Fitness for a while now, and I've really liked and stuck to the advice of little changes at a time. However, I'm ready to make some big changes. With the NF Academy opening up tomorrow, I thought it was an opportune moment to do that.

My fridge is currently bare, my pantry equally so, and as soon as I get to the meal plans and grocery cheat-sheet, I'm going shopping! I'm taking the approach of just getting rid of all junk food (out-of-sight, out-of-mind tends to work really well for me). I've decided to do this after reaching the heaviest I've ever been: I'm 5'7" and 170-175 lbs (it fluctuates). I'm not unhappy or depressed about my body image, but I would really like to be able to do more. For me, this change is more about fitness than it is about body image. The only curve I want to lose is my belly, haha. I am hoping I won't loose too much of my boobs or hips (truth!).

Like Steve, I'm a super-fan of Ninja Warrior, and I'm using that as inspiration for working out. I would also love to be able to go rock climbing again soon, something I used to do a lot as a kid, but just haven't had much time for anymore. I'd love to learn something like Brazilian Jujitsu (I have a sister-in-law who's crazy about it). My biggest obstacle will probably be my boredom and stress eating. Food is my comfort, but I'm hoping to be able to shift that during my overly-long winter break so that when the semester starts again, I'll have a better coping technique than a few spoonfuls of cookie dough.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm finally committing full-fledged to this. I've probably rambled on enough for you guys, so I'll just say:

I'M EXCITED TO FINALLY BE PART OF THE COMMUNITY!

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.

welcome to the rebellion!

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Welcome Fluff Crusher!

Glad to have you onboard! Comfort food is a beast to slay, but a working out is a great way to relieve stress. If you feel those stress munchies coming on, try doing some push ups, or going for a walk, or something.

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Hi fellow nerd =] 

I like how you put it - "this change is more about fitness than it is about body image." It's a great way to look at it. 

I'm so excited that your fridge and pantry are bare >.< thats like a new slate! Unfortunately for me, I live with too many people to just throw everything out... so I have to be really careful. That whole out of sight, out of mind thing doesn't work for me. It's weird. I want what I don't have most of the time. Like, if there's a candy bar on my desk, it'll stay there for a year until I throw it out. But if it's on my boyfriend's desk.... it's gone. So... that pile of crap on my desk is okay. But once I go to the kitchen... help >.<

STR 0 ¦ DEX 0 ¦ STA 0 ¦ CON 0 ¦ WIS 0 ¦ CHA 0

----------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't get easier, you just get better. 

Thanks for the welcome!

My fridge and pantry were bare by planning, haha. I just ended my semester, so I hadn't been shopping in a while anyway, and I kept to the minimum and buying mostly what I knew would be paleo-approved foods.

I am so easily distracted, if I think about a candy bar that I have to go somewhere to get that by the time I'm decent to go in public and have the keys in my hands, I've forgotten why or come up with a new reason to go out. Haha. Out-of-sight is really my best option! Sounds like you need to put all your junk food on your desk, thoughtsothu ;)

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.