Forums are back in action! ×

New guy ... extreme ectomorph looking to up my game and level up

Hello im Pip, 36 yr old skinny guy from the uk, im finally ready to make changes and become what I always dreamed about being ... a machine!

I bought a pull up bar and was totally shocked when I managed 3 pull ups with good form straight away!

Although I am skinny (5"9 and under 9 stone) I seem to be quite strong naturally (can do press ups one handed and explosive press ups where I can push up of the floor and clap) but I would really just love to look better and build some endurance.

So I will be keeping a journal and hopefully some of you guys can keep an eye on it for me and let me know if you think I could be doing things differently.

Thanks Pip

Im not expecting miracles or for this to come easily, eating properly is going to be my biggest hurdle and as the food intake is 80% of the battle, im expecting numerous set backs/bad days/weeks even months. I work a mix of days and nights for long hours with no breaks during which I tend to lose a few pounds, but saying that I have over 2 weeks a month that I dont work at all so hopefully I can make up for it then.

As I dont get much time to eat properly when im on nights would anyone here recommend any kind of nutritional shake/drinks that I could consume on the fly at work to boost my monthly calorie intake ?

Hi Pip! Welcome!

I definitely recommend posting parts of your journal in daily logs or in a challenge thread. People here are great for providing feedback and support as you work towards your goals. Also, there are some food ninjas here who may be able to help you brainstorm a plan for your intense work schedule. I'm not one of them, but I know prep is key and has been the only reason I've managed with school and work.

• Like 1

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Welcome, Pip!  One of the things that first drew me to NF was Steve's story of putting on 18 pounds in 30 days (or something like that).  His methods have changed a bit since he first started, but here's a shake recipe he used to boost his calories:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/13908-steves-muscle-buildin-big-ass-smoothie/?p=204238

You'll need a blender!!

• Like 1

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

Welcome, Pip! One of the things that first drew me to NF was Steve's story of putting on 18 pounds in 30 days (or something like that). His methods have changed a bit since he first started, but here's a shake recipe he used to boost his calories:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/13908-steves-muscle-buildin-big-ass-smoothie/?p=204238

You'll need a blender!!

Thank you, that is just what I was looking for :)