Forums are back in action! ×

Motivational Folder

I think we've all been there; we're feeling lazy, and don't want to make the extra effort that it takes to get up, shut off the TV, eat healthy, go run, weight life, swim, or whatever we know we should be doing instead. This happened to me so many times that I actually got the bright idea to create a motivational folder on my computer for these kinds of moments. It has lots of links to cool videos in it, epic quotes, and some killer soundtracks, along with a handful of totally awesome pictures. 

Is this a good idea or a bad one? 

• Like 1

STR - 9 DEX - 10 STA - 12 CON - 6 WIS - 12.5 CHA - 5 Level 4 Assassin Soldier 

Current Challenge: "Becoming Oliver Queen: Part 1" 

Battle Log: "Will You Commit Yourself to This Program?" 

Epic Quest: "The List" (coming soon!) 

Мой аргумент не Ñ Ð²Ð°Ð¼Ð¸ - My argument is not with you. 

I have a motivation thread here somewhere with a bunch of articles, mainly from T-Nation. Help yourself and throw some content in if you have some to give. "Merry Christmas, Bob" is another good one.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

There is this thread http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/16444-motivational-and-inspirational-quotes/page-14#entry830327

I'm sure no one would mind another motivational thread, especially if it focused on videos and images, but that would be a good place to trawl for more motivational stuff :) 

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

I think it needs to be more present. your background for example. What I did was that on my phone, i left this notepad startscreen thing, where i sat up my own leveling system (It was before i got deeper into NF, and became aware of the 6 week challenges), so that everytime i checked my phone, I would be reminded of my progress, and aquire some instant motivation. Another thing I did, was that i sat up a range of unlockible armor. So, as I leveled up, I unlocked new pieces of "armor" (work out clothing), that already were to be found in my wardrobe. (There are also lots of cool nerd themed work out clothing to be found on ebay and such) Else than that, I think that the way you look at working out is the determining factor for how motivated you are.

-lm3755 

I think it's a good idea. I have a few videos I look up every time I have a gray day or am procrastinating; I should probably have a playlist. So far it seems to have helped me out when I've made use of it. 

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Adventurer: Just trying to put one foot in front of the other without getting tangled in my cape.

~[sTR:2 DEX:1 STA:1 CON:2 WIS:2 CHA:2]~