Forums are back in action! ×

New to the Rebellion. (do you guys offer a dental plan?). I am a middle aged nerd from the Tron, Atari 2600 and C=64 era. I grew up with one joystick and one button. I can't handle modern gaming. THERE ARE TOO MANY BUTTONS!!!! oops, sorry....

I am already on my fitness journey. I am pretty up to speed on nutrition and exercise. Just that willpower flags sometimes. I grew up sedentary and in love with junk food. I had memorized most of the value menus of my neighborhood fast food locales. I still love junk food, but manage to eat healthy most of the time. 

I like many other fitness sites, too. But its nice in here. When I took Spanish class back in high school and college, (donde esta la biblioteca?) I leaned best from those teachers who learned Spanish as a second language. Native speakers didn't seem to understand my difficulties. Same way with fitness. Many purveyors of fitness were always active and fit (you know.. the jocks) and don't seem to understand the struggles or mindset of those of us who drive a desk and developed a spare tire. So its good to see fitness tackled from a different perspective. Plus, its fun with all the nerdy geeky pop culture references. 

Any fellow 80's headbangers out there?

\m/  Jason the metalheaddoc  \m/

yeah... I have a hard time with all the buttons... and with all the 3d movement... 

sigh

welcome to the rebellion... I think you gotta provide your own dental though... 

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Welcome to the rebellion!

I can relate to the language issues, being a language teacher myself. It's easier to understand the difficulties when you yourself have had to learn a second language.

Good luck with your goals and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.