Forums are back in action! ×

Alright, I guess it's time to introduce myself.  My name is Sarah, I'm 25 years old, 5'2" 170 pounds. I hate admitting that part, but I guess this is the place to do it.

I stumbled upon NF randomly a few days ago, and I was so impressed by everything I saw that I joined the academy almost immediately.  I've lost 20 pounds since this time last year, but most of that weight was lost within the first 4 months.  I've tapered off, and I'm looking for a change to get me back on track.  I was a member of a small gym where I met a few really great and motivational friends, but unfortunately, that gym closed down about 3 weeks ago.  I have since joined at LA Fitness, and I'm completely intimidated every time I walk in.  I've never done any sort of strength training other than some classes at the gym, but I'm ready to start, and this seems like the place to do it.

Anyway, I'm super excited to be part of the Rebellion, and I hope to make you all proud!

Hi Sarah,

Welcome :)

Good job on the weight loss and, especially, keeping it off!

You shouldn't feel intimidated going to the gym (or anywhere else). I've found that people are pretty wrapped up in themselves and don't pay much attention to, or care about, others :P

So, what's academy like? I only glanced at it.

Barfly

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Welcome, Sarah! We both found this the same way. I'm looking to get some accountability in my workouts this year and stumbled across this site.

Don't worry about what people think when you walk into the gym. I feel the same way but you just have to put your head down and power through it. What matters is that you're going and screw what everyone else thinks! Keep at it!

Thanks everyone!  So far, I've been trying to go to this new gym on a regular basis, but I'm still only going to the fitness classes until I read up more on what types of strength exercises to do.  The academy's been great so far!  It's been giving me enough random tasks to keep me motivated so far.