Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

My first attack was to the recommended target and I only got two stars. My second attack I went ahead and got three stars on one that someone had attacked but got no stars. Can't wait to see what the outcome is!

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

My first attack was to the recommended target and I only got two stars. My second attack I went ahead and got three stars on one that someone had attacked but got no stars. Can't wait to see what the outcome is!

Awesome!

Anyone got any tips for a newbie?  What should I be focusing on?  I've been trying to get my resource generators leveled as high as I can.  Got about 30 hours left on my initial shield. 

As a newbie myself. Focus on generators and storage. Then defenses. 

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

1.5 hours left in war and I must say well done folks! For the first go I think this went well (especially with game issues and hiccups).

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Rooks, get your resources as high as possible until 24 hours left, then go all out on D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I finally rebuilt my clan castle and sent a request to join!

Level 1 Wood Elf Adventurer

STR 0.5 | DEX 0.5 | STA 2 | CON 0.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5

Current Challenge: britne's newbie quest!

About me | Find me: RunKeeper | WeightTraining | DGCourseReview | GeocachingSteam | tumblr | Clash of Clans: Melisende

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one." - The Eleventh Doctor

Goal: Lose 68 pounds (from 218.6 to 150) - Currently: 170.2 - Progress:

71.2%
71.2%

Well that was fun! I totally expected to be overrun fairly early on, but I managed to rebuff 2 attacks and only gave up one star :D

Anyone know how exactly the order is determined in clan wars (as in how we get ranked, top to bottom)?

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

There's an algorithm that takes into account a bunch of crap I think. It seems to be first by TH level, then maybe by the level of your various defensive structures.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

So then it would pay off to remain at my current TH level, while upgrading walls/etc to bait lower levels into wasting attacks on me. Excellent, this changes nothing.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

So then it would pay off to remain at my current TH level, while upgrading walls/etc to bait lower levels into wasting attacks on me. Excellent, this changes nothing.

The main benefit to doing that in the regular game is that you can attack lower level TH people without the loot penalty, or as much of one. I always max out before TH upgrades due to this.

500 / 330 / 625

Previously I have upgraded the TH early in order to be able to increase my defenses.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

You'll need to re-request... put something like "I'm from the NF forums" in there... you done got rejected this time around. :-)

Haha I saw that. Was just about to redo it when I saw a message so all good :) now for reconfiguring my base when I get home from work to something useful instead of crap everywhere lol

Edit: after I do my challenge thread that is.

For our next war, what is the consensus for defensive troops, dragons or wizards?

I also don't think it should be an all out blitz to donate defensive troops. I don't mind supplying lvl4 wizards, but it does take a while to build them. I also think it wise not to fill up the castles with lvl1 troops if higher level units are available.

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth