Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

In preparation for the upcoming war (Tuesday as usual and we'll start it later as requested), what do folks think of our defensive troop strategy? I was pretty quick to fill the castles with wizards, and a couple of folks didn't get a chance to change the request message to let me know they were interested in a dragon; I will delay filling the castles that can fit dragons this time. That being said, I also respectfully request that no one fill the castles with lower level troops. Thanks!

• Like 1

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

War???? Gah I am not ready!

/me begins building furiously

Also what is defined as a low level troop? Is there a hierarchy of what's acceptable?

Like say:

Pekkas

wizards

Giants

Wall breakers

Etc.?

I say yhis being the low level troop guy :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

War???? Gah I am not ready! /me begins building furiously Also what is defined as a low level troop? Is there a hierarchy of what's acceptable? Like say: Pekkas wizards Giants Wall breakers Etc.? I say yhis being the low level troop guy :) Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

You'll be fine, we may even be able to find you a really easy win against a much more powerful war base.

The troops in the war base castles are purely for defense, so troops with splash damage are most desirable (wizards and dragons). We then usually use archers or minions to fill in any left over spaces. I can make level5 wizards which are much more powerful than level 1, thus I took on the responsibility of providing the majority of our defensive troops for the last war.

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

A dragon worked well for me last time, I'll stick with that (Trunk Monkey).

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Yeah, I want to go dragon this time too. They're way more of a PITA than wizards since you can't just bolt them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

War???? Gah I am not ready!/me begins building furiouslyAlso what is defined as a low level troop? Is there a hierarchy of what's acceptable?Like say:PekkaswizardsGiantsWall breakersEtc.?I say yhis being the low level troop guy :)Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Pretty much anything you can make right now is low level. Schmopey has been making L5 Wizards. I don't think there's more than a couple people who can do that. That said, a few of us make L2 Dragons to give as well.

Schmopey, just let me know who needs dragons and I'll queue them up for that day.

Just wanted to share incase anyone besides me didn't know about it.. http://www.clashingtools.com/ love that it tells me how to que my troops evenly =P

Wow... this is pretty great.  Simply for the fact I now have an easy way to calculate cost of my army (yeah, I could do the math, but I'm lazy.  :P)  Good to know how much I need to raid to keep coming out ahead. 

Just wanted to share incase anyone besides me didn't know about it.. http://www.clashingtools.com/ love that it tells me how to que my troops evenly =P

This has got to be one of the nerdiest things I have ever seen!

Wow... this is pretty great.  Simply for the fact I now have an easy way to calculate cost of my army (yeah, I could do the math, but I'm lazy.  :tongue:)  Good to know how much I need to raid to keep coming out ahead. 

This is also how I will use it! I always try to make sure I'm getting more elixer than I spend in a raid. Unless I'm just trophy hunting.

• Like 1

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

I never put much thought into that, my main goal is to destroy everything unless I see that they have a ton of gold/elixir and then I might change things up a bit

I'm just upgrading everthing to max level before I upgrade my townhall and considering it's going to take 300,000 gold to entirely upgrade my fence this might be a while

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I never put much thought into that, my main goal is to destroy everything unless I see that they have a ton of gold/elixir and then I might change things up a bit

I'm just upgrading everthing to max level before I upgrade my townhall and considering it's going to take 300,000 gold to entirely upgrade my fence this might be a while

I feel your pain, I'm in the same boat, currently getting enough elixir to upgrade my dragons... but when I get close I put a huge target on my back... :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

That's always the way, "wooohoooo my shield is up for another few hours and I only need x gold so I can upgrade" and the shiled will go down with only a few hundred more gold needed and you end up getting attacked and end up losing about 20k or so lol

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I feel your pain, I'm in the same boat, currently getting enough elixir to upgrade my dragons... but when I get close I put a huge target on my back... :-)

When I get to that point, my trophy count gets cut in half. ;)

That puts me in a bracket (bronze) that keeps me from being targeted much.  Who wants to go up against someone 4x their size, after all? :)  To keep farming, I'll just keep clicking next until I find someone doing the same thing I am and hit them.  Doing it this way I'll drop from getting attacked 3-4x a day to once every other day.

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

When I get to that point, my trophy count gets cut in half. ;)

That puts me in a bracket (bronze) that keeps me from being targeted much.  Who wants to go up against someone 4x their size, after all? :)  To keep farming, I'll just keep clicking next until I find someone doing the same thing I am and hit them.  Doing it this way I'll drop from getting attacked 3-4x a day to once every other day.

LOL... that's what I do now, and I've pretty much just accepted that I need to have my incoming funds higher than my outgoing funds. I've gone to bed, only to wake up, having been attacked 15 times, down a few hundred thousand, and still no shield...

... then again I guess I could stick my TH outside my walls... der der der...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Don't worry, when you get to TH7 (I'm not there yet) it takes 200,000 gold to upgrade each piece of fence.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I was reading that to ungrade all fence pieces to max it is something like 2.2 billion gold needed. I weep for my gold mines.

Guess I better double up on the raiding...

My first challenge

Yeah, I'm at the 500k mark to upgrade mine now. It's rough.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I suppose I'm doing it all wrong... I'm upgrading to TH8 and I haven't upgraded my walls much at all. Nor my defenses... I just like to get new pretty shiny things. I'm also not that concerned about it.

tumblr_mlsgmsMxmF1snmy18o1_500.png

• Like 1

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

I suppose I'm doing it all wrong... I'm upgrading to TH8 and I haven't upgraded my walls much at all. Nor my defenses... I just like to get new pretty shiny things. I'm also not that concerned about it.

Same. And then I got to thinking last night in bed (because I do these things) of the optimal strategy to use for the 3 days under the shield and i found out I wasted a butt ton of gold/elixir on buying shiny things because buttons. I almost nuked my account to start over. Almost.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle