Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

With practice, you can lure the CC troops somewhere that will allow you to kill them and damage other key structures with your lightning spells too.

I like to try for the "CC and Anti Air combo"

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

I have nothing to add but I wanted to be a part of this forum topic.  :pirate:

Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

I stagger barbs to draw them out..

1. drop a barb in CC radius to get them out - he dies
  2. drop barb further out to draw defenders away from base defenses - he dies
  3. repeat until defenders are far enough away to either circle with archers (avoids spash units like wiz and dragon) or lightning spell

Tips to keep in mind:

• if you drop another unit before you string barbs out the defenders will shift to that target, unless engaged by your troops trying to kill them; example - droping a barb on oneside to draw out, then immidiatly dropping troops on other side of base as defenders go to barb = barb dies, defenders move against new force and will not follow any other troops you use to string them out
  • don't take to long to draw out and kill, your on the clock - it is a balancing act to do this and not take too much time
  • I can not stress enough to draw them out as far as possible from base defenses or your attacking troops will have to take damage from multipule sources
  • dropping attackers to kill defenders in one spot is suicide....wiz and dragon will kill 20 archers or mass wizards before lossing 1/2 their hitpoints
  • practice makes perfect, again the time issue is always a thorn in the side
  • lightning will do nothing againts flying defenders...archers and wiz are your friends here
  • droping a clan castle full of units to attack defenders is the same as dumping all those units in one spot...splash damage will eat them up

I am in no way an expert in this game, but I have learned all the above leasons first hand....I love to draw out the defenders and slaughter them, just watch any of my replays...the rest of my raid is never as well done as that part is though.

again just my thoughts

This is all good advice. The bolded bit needs to be clarified just a little. The Lightning spell does hit flying units, but dragons and some balloons have too many hit points to be destroyed by it (will usually destroy minions), so you really do need to have enough archers or wizards to take them out.

One additional thing is that your bait must survive long enough to pull everyone out. Otherwise, you may get the quicker archers only to be left facing a few wizards or, God forbid, a dragon when your actual attack gets underway. This bait must be within the CC trigger radius to keep troops coming out.

For some of the CCs that are near the middle of the village, you would need to drop a wallbreaker, giant, or piggie to get close enough to trigger the troops; archers or barbs will attack the structures outside the walls and be killed before springing the troops. It is a very good idea to use the "Scout" button to determine where you'll be able to spring the troops. Last war, the dragon in my CC completely decimated a force of 20 or 25 piggies, because it was able to hit them where it was out of reach of support attackers.

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

I'll be attacking in a couple of hours.  I built 40 wizards and 5 hog riders to give out to people requesting troops while I waited for the small and medium sized clanmates to make their hits.  I always hold my two attacks until the morning after war is declared.

level 4 Gnoll warrior

I always get screwed by my angels latching onto my king if I drop him first to duel the other king. Screwed me last time. I'm gonna try another pig rush but with 2-3 healing spells.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I always get screwed by my angels latching onto my king if I drop him first to duel the other king. Screwed me last time. I'm gonna try another pig rush but with 2-3 healing spells.

That worked really well for me last war, not so much my first attack of this one. It really helps if the pigs stay in one large group and bounce from D to D. This time they split and hit a few spring traps.

I am going to try it again.

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

yay 3 star and 2star'd my targets!

• Like 2

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

took forever but I'm finally upgrading to TH6, but considering you can't upgrade you collectors from level 10 to level 11 until you reach TH7 this round should be a little bit faster; I say that and I'll be stuck on TH6 for twice as long

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Goodness, so much time/money to upgrade everything at TH7...

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Is it just me or is the game less stressful past TH4?  Man when things were finishing every 4 hours, it was madness.  "I gotta keep those builders going!"  Now... I'm like... "Oh, I have 3 days before I need to do anything else.  Guess I'll just check on my village every now and then."

• Like 2

Is it just me or is the game less stressful past TH4?  Man when things were finishing every 4 hours, it was madness.  "I gotta keep those builders going!"  Now... I'm like... "Oh, I have 3 days before I need to do anything else.  Guess I'll just check on my village every now and then."

For me is switched from having to keep the builders busy, to having enough resources ready for when one comes free...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

For me is switched from having to keep the builders busy, to having enough resources ready for when one comes free...

Exactly this. I check to see when the next builder is free, then plan the next upgrade, then get stressed when I realize I need 1.5 million more gold in the next 16 hours.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

What is the enrollment status?  I've glanced through the last few pages and there was discussion about a possible second clan (if the first clan is full), but it doesn't look like anyone has started it.

Do we have enough people who can't fit in the original clan, but want to be active?  I don't mind starting a new Clan if there is an interest.  I wouldn't want it to be "casual", exactly, but just in addition to the current (full?) Clan.  The Clan in my head would be active and still participate in wars. 

If there's a need/desire for that, there is.

I am in a Clan right now, but (a) it's not terribly active and (B) the leaders and most of the active players are literally 10 years old.  So, I'm in the market for a new Clan.

What is the enrollment status?  I've glanced through the last few pages and there was discussion about a possible second clan (if the first clan is full), but it doesn't look like anyone has started it.

Do we have enough people who can't fit in the original clan, but want to be active?  I don't mind starting a new Clan if there is an interest.  I wouldn't want it to be "casual", exactly, but just in addition to the current (full?) Clan.  The Clan in my head would be active and still participate in wars. 

If there's a need/desire for that, there is.

I am in a Clan right now, but (a) it's not terribly active and ( B) the leaders and most of the active players are literally 10 years old.  So, I'm in the market for a new Clan.

I think we still have room. There are some people who are not active who I think we should probably kick.

Schmopey?

I think we still have room. There are some people who are not active who I think we should probably kick.

Schmopey?

YES, Woohoo!!   Kick Schmopey!!!!!!!!!!!

um......

er.........

nevermind.....

((runs and hides))

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

I don't think I've seen Khalessi or online, but it does look she has donated 35 troops in this cycle.  What about pyrorazor?  I sent him a PM.

Exactly this. I check to see when the next builder is free, then plan the next upgrade, then get stressed when I realize I need 1.5 million more gold in the next 16 hours.

Hmm... maybe it'll change at TH7, but I don't find it that hard to get a million gold right now.  Takes ~4-5 hours probably.   Elixir is a different story.

I raid for gold in the low Silver leagues, I try to sit around 900 trophies.  When I get over 1mil, I put my town hall out in the open and bury my storage as deep as I can.  Trophy hunters will typically keep me in a shield and away from the gold/elixir hunters.  I've built up 4mil in gold this way.

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior

I don't think I've seen Khalessi or online, but it does look she has donated 35 troops in this cycle.  What about pyrorazor?  I sent him a PM.

Hmm... maybe it'll change at TH7, but I don't find it that hard to get a million gold right now.  Takes ~4-5 hours probably.   Elixir is a different story.

Yeah, I get 1mil gold pretty easily.  It's getting up to 3mil that's a little harder.  The first mil comes fast.

level 4 Gnoll warrior