Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

I raid for gold in the low Silver leagues, I try to sit around 900 trophies.  When I get over 1mil, I put my town hall out in the open and bury my storage as deep as I can.  Trophy hunters will typically keep me in a shield and away from the gold/elixir hunters.  I've built up 4mil in gold this way.

I tried this, but I raid too much for the shield to be worth anything. I just go with the "More in than out" mentality... :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

"More in than out" is definitely a concern. I even have a little spreadsheet that I plug my army into regularly so I know what I need to raid in order to profit. I think I may try dropping my trophies and see how it goes.

I have the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Incase you have not seen, you can now set a "War" base seperate from your normal daily base.  I have tested it and the layout for my normal base stayed the same while war base was different.  This will allow you to set storage buildings anywhere you want without the fear of loosing any gold, elixir or DE during the prep and war days!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest you take some time to play with new layouts.  This will add a new facet to wars...I expect the challenges to get harder.

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

"More in than out" is definitely a concern. I even have a little spreadsheet that I plug my army into regularly so I know what I need to raid in order to profit. I think I may try dropping my trophies and see how it goes.

Any chance i could get a copy of that?

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,

Any chance i could get a copy of that?

It's nothing fancy.  It's just a simple Excel sheet, and you'd have to fix it depending on the level of your troops (lvl3 Giants are 1500 elixir, while lvl4 are 2000, for example).  And you'd have to personalize it to your preferred army.  I mostly use Giants (2000 elixir each), a few Archers (120), Barbarians and Goblins (60), Healers (5000), Wallbreakers (another 2000 column) and Spells. 

[EDIT:  I can't make it look like it is supposed to...]

[table]2000 18 36000

120 10 1200

60 15 900

5000 1 5000

2000 4 8000

Spells 1 16500

Cost 67600

Raid gain 109849

Less Cost -67600

Raid profit 42249

[/table]

I tried to attach the file, but it says I'm not permitted to upload this kind of file?  But it's simple enough. Let me know if you want me to email it or something.

At TH7 and Silver II League, I find it pretty slow-going to farm gold.  I'll occasionally find bases with significant reserves available, but it's the exception rather than the norm.  And as soon as I hit over a million gold, I'll get raided for 200,000 gold.  :(  It makes saving up for the big upgrades a bit trying.

If it isn't, try putting your town hall outside of your base. Often times people will hit you to just get that and move along, giving you a 12 hour shield at the price of a few trophies and 1k each g/e. I do this and while sometimes I still get hit heavily, it happens a lot less.

This too, shall pass.

If it isn't, try putting your town hall outside of your base. Often times people will hit you to just get that and move along, giving you a 12 hour shield at the price of a few trophies and 1k each g/e. I do this and while sometimes I still get hit heavily, it happens a lot less.

I did this yesterday after someone recommended it, and so far, it's working great!  I'd much rather be raided for 1k gold vs. 220k.  :)

I wish I could find people with their TH out like that so I could trophy farm. Trying to get to 1250 for the gems, then I don't care about trophies.

Level 1 Wood Elf Adventurer

STR 0.5 | DEX 0.5 | STA 2 | CON 0.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5

Current Challenge: britne's newbie quest!

About me | Find me: RunKeeper | WeightTraining | DGCourseReview | GeocachingSteam | tumblr | Clash of Clans: Melisende

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one." - The Eleventh Doctor

Goal: Lose 68 pounds (from 218.6 to 150) - Currently: 170.2 - Progress:

71.2%
71.2%

I think we still have room. There are some people who are not active who I think we should probably kick.

Schmopey?

I am starting to think that anyone who has not participated in the last couple of wars is a good candidate for being respectfully removed to make room for other interested parties. I may confer with Gainsdalf regarding placing a rule to that effect on the Clan info page.

YES, Woohoo!!   Kick Schmopey!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think any of you, save Gainsdalf, can boot me. Unless we promote someone else to co-leader, that is.

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

I am starting to think that anyone who has not participated in the last couple of wars is a good candidate for being respectfully removed to make room for other interested parties. I may confer with Gainsdalf regarding placing a rule to that effect on the Clan info page.

I don't think any of you, save Gainsdalf, can boot me. Unless we promote someone else to co-leader, that is.

I agree.

So, I attacked my recommended target (#11) using 5 dragons** and 20 piggies, along with two lightning spells and a heal spell - just to see how it would go.  I didn't expect much out of it.

The result?  An easy three stars.

Yep....time to boost my dark elixir drill so I can save toward lvl2 piggies.

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

Be sure to use the wait time to bank some gold and elixir, and time it so that your builders are unoccupied at completion.  Once TH7 is complete, it will unlock a several buildings and such that you'll want to build and upgrade ASAP.

Already maxed on Gold, and working on maxing my storage on Elixirs. 

First 5 upgrades for TH7 already planned:

1. Lab
  2. Spell Factory
  3. Barracks (Yay Dragons!)
  4. Air Defense
  5. Mortar