Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

I have yet to find middle ground like myself, or when I do it's far and few between

When I get to that point, I'll look at the lower ones, and if I think I can take em without using my whole army, I'll do that... you might only get 50k but if you only spent 10k then you're good...

Goblin heavy armies work for me when I do this too, few giants and a healers to absorb damage, a couple wallbreakers to try and punch a hole to the resources, the goblins...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I have yet to find middle ground like myself, or when I do it's far and few between

I spend more time looking for bases to raid than I do raiding, but the patience pays off.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Yeah, I'll spend 5 minutes easily just clicking "next" until I find the hit I want sometimes.

Btw, three stars on my recommended war target this morning!  Rawr!  Lord I love me some piggies.

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

For war, we need to get more conservative with our attacks. We have way too many 1 stars. Pick targets you are 90% sure you can 3 star.

I spend more time looking for bases to raid than I do raiding, but the patience pays off.

I do the same thing. I have "limits" of how much elixer/gold/dark elixer I 90% think I can get based on current goals. For example, right now I'm trying to drive up elixer so that I can upgrade my DE storage. My army costs about 100k elixer if I use 1 spell, so my current lower limit is that I don't raid anyone that I'm not 90% sure I can get 200k elixer from. That way, I come away with 100k profit.

If I'm driving DE, I'll have a lower limit there and raid straight for that, mixing in some elixer runs when elixer runs low since I will raid someone with 800 DE even if they only have 10k elixer, resulting in a net los of elixer from troop costs.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I know my current struggle with war is my rank versus my recommended target. I may be ranked middle of the clan, but my recommended target the past two wars has been incredibly low (in the bottom 3). I have been trying to go a few steps up since there are people who need those targets available to be successful. So far it's resulted in two stars every time, but I know that isn't helping our side as much as potential three stars could be if I went lower or recommended. So any recommendations? I currently have 190 slots in my army, cannot make dragons yet, and have only lightening and healing spells.

Just curious to hear thoughts. So far attacks have gone alright (especially after learning how to draw out enemy clan troops), but I know there's room for improvement.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

For war, we need to get more conservative with our attacks. We have way too many 1 stars. Pick targets you are 90% sure you can 3 star.

I feel like that just leaves our lower ranks out to dry though since it leaves them with no targets.  Granted if the goal is to win the war, maybe we need to do that a bit.

I know my current struggle with war is my rank versus my recommended target. I may be ranked middle of the clan, but my recommended target the past two wars has been incredibly low (in the bottom 3). I have been trying to go a few steps up since there are people who need those targets available to be successful. So far it's resulted in two stars every time, but I know that isn't helping our side as much as potential three stars could be if I went lower or recommended. So any recommendations? I currently have 190 slots in my army, cannot make dragons yet, and have only lightening and healing spells.

Just curious to hear thoughts. So far attacks have gone alright (especially after learning how to draw out enemy clan troops), but I know there's room for improvement.

2 stars is fine. It's the 15+ targets we have 1 starred that are hurting us right now.

I feel like that just leaves our lower ranks out to dry though since it leaves them with no targets.  Granted if the goal is to win the war, maybe we need to do that a bit.

Even if it's just 2 stars, we're fine, as that would put us at 100+ stars on the war, which is typically enough to win. So 90% that you can 2 star them (destroy their town hall and 50% of the base total), that's fine.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

The two I went after were normally an easy 2 star for me. But I just failed miserably. Probably not helped by me not thinking straight after the insanely frustrating day I've had today. Still no excuse. I shall need to calm a bit before I do any attacks in the next war.

This is kind of my problem, ranked 7 but my recommended was 15 or 16 this time around. That one got attacked pretty early, so I went a step up and got smacked pretty hard...

For your makeup, I used to do a lot of Giants, healers, barbarians (few archers in standby for aerial CC)... drop those and have some healing spells handy for the groups that get away from your healers. Refine as needed...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Well I'm still getting the hang of attacking; earned 2 stars for the clan, but I'm actually happy/hopeful with my defense because with the help of some friends I took on a bunch of dragons and only gave up 1 star, and I know my defense is only going to get stronger as I upgrade wt's and walls  

I can only imagine the hellfire I'm going to rain down once I get to the level of dragons and piggies

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Well I'm still getting the hang of attacking; earned 2 stars for the clan, but I'm actually happy/hopeful with my defense because with the help of some friends I took on a bunch of dragons and only gave up 1 star, and I know my defense is only going to get stronger as I upgrade wt's and walls  

I can only imagine the hellfire I'm going to rain down once I get to the level of dragons and piggies

Piggies are so much fun. They're squishy though, the challenge is keeping them healed.

500 / 330 / 625

I don't know if I'm just terrible at it, but I find my Giants, Healers, Archers army to be rubbish.  It's too easily dismantled.  One well placed spring trap or a dragon in the CC or just if my giants decide they need to split up and I'm guaranteed to not even get 2 stars.  Might try my hand at a Dragon army next war. 

I don't know if I'm just terrible at it, but I find my Giants, Healers, Archers army to be rubbish.  It's too easily dismantled.  One well placed spring trap or a dragon in the CC or just if my giants decide they need to split up and I'm guaranteed to not even get 2 stars.  Might try my hand at a Dragon army next war. 

The problem I have with my archers is one well placed mortar round takes out an entire group (They seem to like grouping up no matter how much I spread em out). I've started using wizards since they can at least absorb a couple hits.

My first challenge

The problem I have with my archers is one well placed mortar round takes out an entire group (They seem to like grouping up no matter how much I spread em out). I've started using wizards since they can at least absorb a couple hits.

But how do you deal with a Dragon CC then? 

I crush dragon CC right now.

I've taken a similar approach to Shmopeys for war attacks.  76 Archers*****, 20 piggies, 6 wizards*****

I drop one archer at a time to lure the dragon out beyond defensive shots, then surround the dragon with archers.  It usually takes about 15-20 to drop the dragon and BK combo.

From there, drop my flag to release giants to set off bombs and attract defensive fire, release the 20 piggies, drop a heal spell right as the first mortar hit is hitting them, then space my archers and wizards all around one side after a couple defensives have been wiped out.

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

But how do you deal with a Dragon CC then? 

Wizards.... If a dragon pops out, I'll drop a giant then wizards and while they're attacking, I'll send my giants/healers into the village... by the time the wizards are done, the giants are absorbing damage and wizards can walk in and start attacking.

If the CC is in the middle where I can't get to it, the wizards will usually suffice, once something pops out, they'll turn they're attention to it and all I have to do is keep the giants/healers alive long enough for the wizards to take care of em...

I do keep a couple archers available for pulling stuff away since they're cheaper though...

My first challenge