Forums are back in action! ×

Hello to everybody,

I've just signed up, after a few days of coming and going through the website and the forums.

I think you've build an awesome community and I hope I will learn a lot from you all.

I'm ready to start a big work, which consists of several parts: putting on weight, strengthening myself, beating anxiety and more.

I'll be starting soon a battle log to keep track of my progress and I will thank any help and support as I am thrilled by this new stage but also scared of not achieving my goals.

I hope to talk to you soon

Welcome to the rebellion, Lara!

You'll find that working out is a great way to beat stress and anxiety, so that's a two in one! It looks like you'll be wanting to do some power lifting. Check out that forum for diet and wokrout info.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Hi Lara

Welcome. I think you'll find all the help and encouragement you could want here.

I agree with Silver Rapier: eat big and lift big. Maybe not right away, but...

And, yes, exercise is great for anxiety. I suffer from it, too, and if I don't workout it's particularly bad. I'm currently on meds for it, but would like to get off - they kill my motivation. I just checked out the headspace app; I never thought about meditation apps. Thanks for the heads up!

Barfly

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Good evening Lara!

Beating goals, now, thats something I've always had a problem with myself. I'll start something, set a goal or deadline, and then it passes and I add another broken project to the boneyard, fated to never come to fruition.

So, for fitness goals, don't stress out if you don't hit the goal on the first attempt. Its something I always get discouraged over, and something I'm trying to beat as well.

Just make progress toward your goals. Set them close, and then try to overshoot when you can. One more push up than last time. Five more seconds on plank. Cutting a particular garbage food from your diet. I'm working out in the privacy of my own room, nothign but bodyweight, so that takes the pressure of a gym crowd off my shoulders, no one to be embarassed in front of. A serries of smaller victories soon add up to large sweeping ones.

Stay encouraged and excited! And find something good and delicious to eat after a workout... post-workout fruit blends are a heck of a reward when you've just thrashed yoursefl. At least for me. :D

EDIT: so I read that other topic you have, and you already know everything I had to say! Its all new to me though. Haha! Good luck!

Hello, rebellion companions,

thank you very much for such a warm welcome.

SilverRapier and Barfly: yes, eat big, lift big. It's not as easy as it sounds but I will make no excuses this time. If I keep telling excuses to myself I know I won't achieve what I want. I've seen there are some people at nerdfitness with my same problems (skinny, weakness...) so I'll be reading their threads with interest.

Fallhammer: yeah, it seems we've walked a similar path :)  I take note of your advice about fruit blends. I am hyperinsulinemic so I have to go easy on fruits, but I use to mix them with coconut milk, avocados or egg yolks and then it's fine (and tasty!).

Today is my first tap dance lesson!!!!!

Nice day to everybody!

• Like 2