Forums are back in action! ×

Ravelry thread (hey, that's punny!)

I've seen a couple other fiber lovers around here (I'm talking yarn, not diet!) Anyone else wanna talk crochet/kitting/weaving/spinning/tatting?

(My grandma tats. I'd love to find out there are more!)

I'm currently crocheting a hat for myself, legwarmers for a friend who went through chemo and is now always terribly cold, and Operation: Dress the Babydoll for my 3yo.

I'm Aelinn on Ravelry, too.

I have a Ravelry user name, but I haven't used it for years. I crochet (poorly), and really wanted to learn how to tat, but found most tutorials difficult to follow and gave up on it.

I would love to get back into both, especially since I have a box of yarn sitting under my desk that should be used!

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Yay! I crochet, knitting seemed too dangerous (what with the pointy ends and two of them and my lack of hand-eye coordination and all that) but I'm the same as Jofalltrades; short attention span. I have so many unfinished beanies floating around that it's getting ridiculous.

I made crochet one of my life quests this challenge though, so I should get at least one finished!

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

I think my name there is the same as here...or something similar.

I crochet, but I'm a compulsive project starter who doesn't finish. I do a lot of hats, scarves, holiday trinkets, and amigurumi. I've got a blog where I post some projects, but it's much heavier with German things than crafts lately.

My current projects are baby hats for my 3 coworkers having babies. I did an owl one. I planned an R2-D2 hat, but someone already bought them one, so I'm thinking Yoda for that kid. Then I'm trying to figure out something girly but not too girly for the last one. I don't love the one I started. I'd love suggestions if anyone has ideas!

http://thecraftygerman.blogspot.com/

Amazon Princess, Level 2 Rebel

Starting Weight: 185 (May 1, 2017)/ Goal Weight: 160 / Current Weight: 170 (July 19, 2017)

Hi! I'm a knitter and crocheter and I actually do a bit of needlepoint. I'm not on ravelry but I often get patterns from there :)

I have a ton of half-finished projects that are often neglected but I've made scarfs, granny squares, dish cloths, hats, and just made my first sock this winter (yes only one, it took a long time!)

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I think my name there is the same as here...or something similar.

I crochet, but I'm a compulsive project starter who doesn't finish. I do a lot of hats, scarves, holiday trinkets, and amigurumi. I've got a blog where I post some projects, but it's much heavier with German things than crafts lately.

My current projects are baby hats for my 3 coworkers having babies. I did an owl one. I planned an R2-D2 hat, but someone already bought them one, so I'm thinking Yoda for that kid. Then I'm trying to figure out something girly but not too girly for the last one. I don't love the one I started. I'd love suggestions if anyone has ideas!

OH MY GOSH AN R2-D2 HAT? That's gold xD I'm adding that to my neverending list of awesome things I will one day make. 

Hello!  I am a knitter and I crochet a bit as well.  I'm Teirin on ravelry as well but prone to neglect it.  Cool to see you all here! 

Loved the fish hat in your thread Teagarden :-)

Buahahahah Thank you!

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

OH MY GOSH AN R2-D2 HAT? That's gold xD I'm adding that to my neverending list of awesome things I will one day make. 

http://nestingsticks.blogspot.ca/2011/10/crocheted-r2d2-earflap-hat-pattern.html

^That's the pattern I was going to use.  Maybe some day I'll have another excuse to go for it :)

http://thecraftygerman.blogspot.com/

Amazon Princess, Level 2 Rebel

Starting Weight: 185 (May 1, 2017)/ Goal Weight: 160 / Current Weight: 170 (July 19, 2017)