Forums are back in action! ×

Weird things on the street

Hello!

I was off on a morning walk when I spotted a Tai Chi studio/school. Innocuous enough. But it was the business next door that made me pause: it was a chiropractor's office! Talk about unfortunate location! Although that's not nearly as bad as the steak house next to the cobbler's... Makes me suspicious about the meat... :playful:

What are some weird things you have seen in the street?

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

There's a small shopping center about a mile from me with a store called "Instant Imprints." The first time I saw it, my mom and I both thought it said, "Instant Implants."

There were several strange things I saw when I was living in Heidelberg:

-a man who would go up to random people on the street and clap a rhythm, but not stop until they clapped it back

-a man who traveled everywhere with his huge white dog and would talk to her...but only her and not people

-a woman driving her mobility scooter in the road as if she was one of the cars (I later learned there's some ordinance that they can't use them on sidewalks)

-a woman who, when we asked about the upstairs of her shop, responded, "you can't go up there! That's where the angels are dancing!"

I miss being there so much sometimes.

• Like 1

http://thecraftygerman.blogspot.com/

Amazon Princess, Level 2 Rebel

Starting Weight: 185 (May 1, 2017)/ Goal Weight: 160 / Current Weight: 170 (July 19, 2017)

TheOtherScott, you saw me running the other day????

I work in what's considered the art district of my area; strange people are a normal occurence, but what I really love is when I see people out walking their cats, yes on a leash, the best was when someone was pushing her cats around in a stroller

I was the weirdo that people saw over the summer; someone emptying out their garage and getting rid of their halloween stuff, so after some picking we ended up running back to the house with a huge pvc pumpkin, some of the looks we got were awesome lmao

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Although that's not nearly as bad as the steak house next to the cobbler's... Makes me suspicious about the meat... :playful:

In a village near where I live there's a vets that used to be a butcher's shop. I'd be worried if it had happened the other way round...

Long ago, I was highly amused to find a butcher's shop right next door to a British Heart Foundation charity shop. I wondered who was supplying whom...

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I just remembered! (You'll appreciate the irony of this in just a sec).

Near my brother in law's old flat was a hair salon called "Hair by Amnesia".

I mean what the hell does that even mean?!?

I'd tell you, but I can't remember...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

There are three shops lined up next to each other on a street in town that I always laugh at every time I drive past;

The first is the computer tech shop.

The second is the adult shop.

And the third is the baby supplies shop!

Talk about telling a story. :P

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

- A former man who walks up and down the street dancing enthusiastically all day.  Actually a pretty great story 

yeah but not only that... BEN HOWARD!!!!!!!!

that last one is the reason i listen to the music i listen to now changed my freaking life!

oh and in scunthorpe we have a bit of an odd ball called Cedric (even has his own fb page for sitings) he look like a bit of a bum but he's singing old timey songs a lot of the time and he's dead friendly to everyone... though being british it does seem a bit weird :P