Forums are back in action! ×

I do believe i've found a new hobby

Battle of the Nations, Historical Medieval Battle (HMB)

it was the UK's first entrance last year and after watching Knight Club (UK rebels have until the 16th to see it on iplayer) I WANT IN! i'm off to the first training session on saturday, hopefully i won't break and arm and miss The TToT, gonna have a bash at it (does that count as a pun?) and then see about joining up if i like it, equipment will put me back at least a grand but i'm fine with that, what better sport for a Warrior eh?

Hardly, and it's a damn sight better than the american civil war type warfare where you stood 20 yards from someone and patiently reloaded whilst all your boys were getting made into colanders, that is warfare i really don't understand, besides this contains plenty of skill and sheer strength, i'd imagine it's very good at relieving stress too :)

Hardly, and it's a damn sight better than the american civil war type warfare where you stood 20 yards from someone and patiently reloaded whilst all your boys were getting made into colanders, that is warfare i really don't understand, besides this contains plenty of skill and sheer strength, i'd imagine it's very good at relieving stress too :)

Just the natural evolution of combat. Anyone who used projectiles could just stand back and fire then run, while the melee were up in the mix. Eventually the rifle took over, and no one was in the melee range, and people still stood back and fired...I'm sure there was some semblance of honor and glory in being able to stand in those lines too...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

That was moe Revolutionary War as I understand it, it was Europian tradition to line up like that. The Americans actually started guerilla warfare during that time to make up for lack of numbers. If you ever get a chance, watch The Patriot.

Anyway, how is this all done? How do you decide when the other guy is "dead"? They sat there and hacked at one dude for a good long while.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Watched The Patriot about 3 times :D and yeah, militia did a lot of guerilla, but the main armies did the whole stand and die in a line thang until the dickhead dragoons came in... more or less, my american civil war history is pretty much dependant on The Patriot and the little bit i paid attention to in AC3, gimme Thermopylae  or The Charge of the Light Brigade any day :D

beat em to the ground, the duelling has a points system that i've not learned yet and in the 5v5, 21v21 and free for all you get your opponent on the ground and there's maybe rules regarding disarming and armour coming to bits, on the tv show i mentioned one of the guys had a bit of armour damaged (i think it was aa bit for his knee but i can't remember and may of mixed that up) and he couldn't go back in