Forums are back in action! ×

Needed to find my peeps!

I'm not new to working at my fitness, or participating in online fitness forums, but I've needed to find a new community with whom I can connect. One that I can identify with a bit more. And here you all are!

I'm nearly 53, been a nerd chick all my life. I've become quite nerdy about fitness as well. Love it! Love reading about it. Love discussing it. I'm even a manager of a fitness studio and I'm studying to become a trainer. Do I possess perfect fitness? NO! But I'm working at it. I have gotten more fit over the last five years. A lot more fit. But still have a long way to go.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Georgia

Specific fitness goals...

1. Lose weight. I currently weigh 313 lbs. I started at 363 lbs. about five years ago. My initial goal is to get to 199 lbs. I am 5' 10.5" tall. My current LBM is 155 lbs. Not sure how much of that I'll retain as I lose weight, but I want to hang on to as much muscle as I can.
  2. I want to do push-ups. Full-body, good form, proper push-ups. I started with wall push-ups. Slowly worked my way down to counter-height, 3 sets of 10. Then I graduated to a Reebok step with 13 sets of risers underneath. I'm currently using the step with 11 sets of risers underneath. I can complete 2 sets of 10, but can't do more than 3 push-ups on that 3rd set.
  3. I want to have great overall strength and endurance. Because I want to go on some long cross-country treks, go kayaking, etc.

What I'm doing now...

1. Pilates, 5 days/week
  2. Weight training, 3 days/week, TRX and weights
  3. Cardio training, 3 days/week, but only 30 minutes
  4. Mostly Paleolithic diet...except when I'm not ;)
  5. Intermittent fasting
  • Like 1