Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all.

So I posted just a liiittle bit back about two years ago.   I was really excited to get involved in this community, and then the IT Overlords on my ship decided I used too much bandwidth and blocked the site.  One thing led to another and I never came back, even after I got home from deployment.

This was my old self-intro thread, which is kinda funny to reread now.  Going paleo on deployment took me from "I can never get below 182!" to 160 (+/-3 lbs) in a matter of 6 weeks. Sticking to paleo has kept me within that range for 2 years now, thanks to the dedicated help of my wife.   I'll mostly "yada yada" the time since deployment, but suffice to say I spent way too much time at a desk, and not nearly enough time exercising.  My pullups suck now (probably do 9-11 on a good day, which is terrible by Marine standards) and my run time isn't any better than it was when I was 20 lbs heavier (in fact, I'm fairly sure it's worse).  Here's the objectives:

-Back to 20 pullups

-100 crunches in 2:00.

-3 mile run under 22:00.

That's a solid "first-class" (270 out of 300) and a reasonable goal to achieve by summer.  I've got a 3x/week run plan from one of my junior Marines who ran track/cross country, I've got pullup plans I used to use that got me up to 22 back when.  I guess I've come back a little late for the current 6-week-challenge, so this is kinda just me settling back into the community a little bit until it's time for the next one.

"|Improvise, adapt, overcome. "

Level 3 Wood Elf Ranger  | STR11DEX5STA6CON3WIS2CHA3 ]

[ Dragons to slay:|250+ PFT 290+ CFT GORUCK Spartan 13.1 290+ PFT 20 +35# Pullups ]

[ Challenges: 1 2 Current ||RPG Fanatics Goblin Ganker ]