Forums are back in action! ×

Down to 195 Lbs!! Getting skinnier, need opinions

So I weighed in today, 195 Lbs! woot woot! Surprisingly though it seems the rate of weight loss has slowed significantly although I am getting noticeably skinnier. I have dropped two pants sizes and a dress shirt size  in the last 30 days or so (I now wear a mens medium button down, yes I wear mens dress clothes). I can only surmise that I am gaining muscle at about the same rate I am losing fat... how long do you think that will continue? At some point the fat has to start melting quicker than I put on muscle right?

So this is the workout routine I have been doing every other day. I will skip the warm up and cool down parts because they are very similar to whats on the main page... but the actual circuit is a bit different, I am trying to blend cardio, body weight, weight training, and isometrics all in one circuit. Also I have only been doing this for about two weeks... but so far I am digging it.

Currently I am doing 2 circuits of this but eventually I want to be doing 3 circuits. Also I am using a 17 Lb barbell (started at 13 Lb)

25 squats

15 push ups 

10 lunges (each leg)

15 barbell rows (each arm)

15 bicep curls (each arm)

15 tricep Presses

15 sec lateral barbell hold

15 sec forward barbell hold

20 sec plank

15 sec side plank (each side)

15 calf raises

30 jumping jacks

If you have any critiques or pointers please let me know!

• Like 2

Congrats man! 195lbs is fantastic! Keep it up!

Also I'm no expert but your exercises seem fine in moderation of 3x a week. You seem to be doing small/medium amounts for each area of the body, so you've covered yourself there *rimshot*

But again, congrats man! :-) stay healthy, stay nerdy!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

work out seems solid enough, just make sure you're upping the intensity as it gets easier for you. The only real advice I can give on the issue of body fat not falling of the way you wish it would is to try some muscle confusion, maybe supplement in a spin class or some sprintervals to what you've already got going on. Congrats on the weight loss!!!!!!!! 

What has your weightlloss crawled to? Keep in mind, 1-2lbs a week is healthy.

Your circuit is awesome, make sure to always push yourself for more. An extra rep somewhere, an extra lb on the bar, something, and never forget, your workout is only 20% of the battle, the rest is all diet.

Awesome work!

• Like 1

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

Yea my diet isnt the best, I am only eating 1200-1500 cal and mostly proteins and fibers but its coming from food like products instead of whole natural foods. Its something but it leaves something to be improved too. And yea about ~1.5 Lbs a week loss right now, but I am feeling much stronger and my muscles are tighter/harder so I have to be putting on *some muscle so I may be losing more than ~1.5 lbs of fat.

Another thing to look at is to start measuring and taking pictures. 

The scale starts to be deceiving the closer you get to your goal, because of fat, water and muscle.

Take pictures of your progress, track your chest, stomache, arm and legs measurements (I like to total my numbers up and see how much i have lost total) and use it as a reference guide.

If you truly aren't loosing much because of muscles, pictures will tell you that.

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

Congratulations!  The slowing rate of fat loss really isn't surprising.  If you were to graph your weight as you lose fat on x and y axes, it would look like a graph of exponential decay (rapidly decreasing at first, then still decreasing, but at a slower rate as time goes on) the reason is that you simply have less to lose, so it will go away more slowly.  And yes, some of it will likely be offset by increasing muscle mass, depending on the type of exercises you do.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.