Forums are back in action! ×

He...hello? Is this thing on? *ahem*

Greetings fellow Earthicans,

My name is Walkingtree and I've just discovered this site. I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that these ideas have been fermenting in our collective unconscious for a while - it's great to have a place to share with fellow adventurers.

As for me, I've put my wizard hat on to earn cash, but have been taking levels in barbarian for a while now. I also took one level as monk a while back but need to clean the dust off those skill points. I recently quit a toxic job and moved halfway around the world to do a job I love for 1/4 the salary. 

If there's a place to talk recipes here you can bet your d20s I'll be posting often in there!

• Like 1

Level 0 Were-Huorn 

Mastering runes, eating prunes and getting bruised in the temple of dues.

Welcome to the Rebellion, Walkingtree! Glad to see you followed your bliss. I would rather work for free doing something I loved than get rich hating what I do!

There is a really good recipe section in the forums, too! Happy hunting!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

I've got a question about the recipe section: in general my meals are "healthy" aka from the ground to my face, no products, flour etc. However, darn near all of them are not Paleo, which is very popular here. 

Should I share them or keep within the Paleo framework? I personally am within 5 lbs of my target weight and have no real desire to adopt that eating style.

• Like 2

Level 0 Were-Huorn 

Hi, walkingtree,

welcome to NF. I hope you will feel like at home.

Don't worry about paleo or not paleo. I am paleo myself but I don't think that's the only way, and I'll be very interested in how is your "from the ground to my face" way of healthy eating. Share! :snowman:

• Like 1

Hey Seven! I just posted something in there that just happened to be paleo, ish? Good to know my food style won't be anathema here.

On that topic, and to answer skinnyLara's query, I prefer to eat things that had roots and faces: if it had, or could have had, a root or a face it's probably something worth eating. I eat a lot of greens, brown rice, beans, nuts and animal proteins. If you can find it in the ground, on the ground, under the ground, flying above the ground, or swimming next to the ground it's food for me. I don't know if there's a word for this food style or not.

However, I am confident that "going paleo" is the absolutely correct answer for a great number of people: it cuts out excess carbs from their sedentary life, gives them a network of "like" people for support, and gives a solid framework of what to eat/not eat. It makes people healthy, and healthy is healthy.

I'm also a bit of a spice freak in both senses of the word: I LOVE spicy food and my spice collection grows like tribbles. I've only been in my current location for a few months, and already have 10-15 different spices sitting around. My new favorite flavors are Star Anise and Sichuan Peppercorns. 

• Like 2

Level 0 Were-Huorn 

I haven't seen any conflicts between NFrs over diet at all, I'm Vegan, and this is one of the few places I have ever been were Paleo folk and myself can respectfully talk about nutrition without getting in a pissing match over which credo is right. Most of the people here appear to be avoiding processed foods in general, and I think that might just be the key to success!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Ent!!! We have an ent!!

On that topic, and to answer skinnyLara's query, I prefer to eat things that had roots and faces: if it had, or could have had, a root or a face it's probably something worth eating. I eat a lot of greens, brown rice, beans, nuts and animal proteins. If you can find it in the ground, on the ground, under the ground, flying above the ground, or swimming next to the ground it's food for me. I don't know if there's a word for this food style or not.

Sounds like what I would call a whole food diet. Assuming you're eating these roots and faces in a minimally processed form.

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3