Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Nerd Fitness Community! 

I've seen various blips of information filtering into my life for a while now from Nerdfitness; the community on facebook, Steve's blog and email updates etc. t-shirts!!! and I've decided to do something about leveling up my own life overall. 

I've got a tonne of aspirations and a life full of tasks and chores, no shortage of motivation, or enthusiasm to get the stuff done (that I'm good at) but I'm permanently tired from having too much going on at once.

What I could do with is pointing in the right direction to leveling up generally. 

I seem to remember seeing categories for structuring these goals to level up in all aspects. Does anyone know where the list is as I can't find it.  Once I've got those categories set down then I can work out what needs to be in them and where from this list of tasks - big small or otherwise, and set to with working out how to get them done - THE FUN WAY!!! If I structure my goals in the same way that you're all structuring yours then it becomes measurable and I can join in with you all on the 6 week challenges!

- thanks for having me on board ;)

Welcome to the forums, Supernova!

The first thing you'll want to adjust is your diet. It's the cornerstone of health! Try to cut out overly processed/sugary stuff. As for workouts, there are plenty of resources on NF:

Free workout routines

Find something you enjoy and stick with it!

Good luck with your goals and keep us posted!

• Like 2

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Hello!!! Welcome!!! Have a great time leveling up! SilverRapier has got it right with the starting point!

• Like 1

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

Thank you :) 

I've been following a low sugar diet by keeping an eye on Glycaemic levels for about a month now and my food diary is definitely improving.

Since getting back to work last week I've been walking atleast 2 miles daily and usually 4. My energy's still pretty low at the moment from having another cold at the moment as I've been off work and having them back to back in varying degrees of severity since November. I do feel like I'm starting to get better gradually though. 

Back last year I was really enjoying crossfit but it was taking over and I lost the lifestyle balance. Cardio is usually my baseline since exercise is my transport, so I want to factor in mobility and strength training gradually. My husband has our car to get to work but has a very active job in his role as a postman! He's lean and nimble and I'd like to be able to keep up with him so we can enjoy our adventures together again. He's also hugely into gaming!

I've also got quite a few plans for what I want to achieve professionally from qualifying and gaining more experience in project management, contracting/becoming self sustaining/self employed for longevity's sake and helping others, and perhaps having a better balanced home life whether we build it ourselves or buy a family home initially (2 bed flat at the moment). 

For now it's getting back on board with feeling healthy and rested so the help that my employer is giving me with my job pays off and home life becomes more manageable too. 

I'd best get that list of goals and aspirations nailed down and organised :)