Forums are back in action! ×

Referred to this site by a great friend. .. here I go.

I am 5 foot 11 inches tall.

I weigh 200 pounds give or take.

I used to average 175 pounds to 180 pounds with 15 percent bodyfat according to the handheld machines here at work.

My fitness goals are...

Get my body fat down to lower than it was.

Gain strength and coordination to be more like I was.

I'm in my late 30s and I miss being given able to run and jump and play. My kids are 10 and 7 and they deserve a dad who can play with them too.

I want my confidence back. Now I feel over inflated and disgusting.

I am not afraid of hard work. I spend t 4 years in the USMC so I'm not afraid of adversity and I enjoy the gym.

I am a stickler for form when lifting and detest machienes.

What I am going to do to reach my goals...

1 I will clean up my diet and go more paleo. Also intermittent fasting is perfect for my work as I am isolated for 12 hours a day usually.

2 I will find a routine to follow and I will execute it.

I need a routine though. I've looked through some here and I am a bit Confused since I don't like other people I don't knows plans. So if there is one that produces results for many... Please clue me in!

Basically the workout type you see yourself following.  Assassins = parkour/bodyweight/etc, Warriors = lots of heavy weight, Monks = martial arts, Druids = tree huggy yoga stuff, Scouts = endurance work, Rangers = a bit of everything

As for workout routines, just like for the guilds, what do you want to do to get back in shape?

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Hmm to get back in shape I wanna lift. Not a cardio guy indoors. I love running but to me running is a pass time and for fun and to clear my head.

I wanna get a routine that involves lifting weight such as bench squats and dead lifts but I don't want to pigeon hole myself in a set routine. I love variety and hate machienes. I have never found a single machiene that feels natural to use.

Boil it down to this.

I want to be full of dense muscle. I want to lower my bodyfat to see my muscles I make.

I don't want to be huge.... I want to be strong.

Diet... I am already eating paleo only when possible and intermittent fasting for health and religious reasons.

As far as challenges... I haven't looked at them yet.

Still reading articles.

Any help is appreciated. My routines I used before were alot of isolation and I want more compound movements.