Forums are back in action! ×

Jersey Devil Introductions

Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself. You can call me Jersey, and I'm happy to join the community of people here.

I've been looking to set goals in my work out regiment to try and burn off the excess fat I've collected over the years but never could quite make it there.

It's nice to join a community that aims to help though, and from here I'll be listing my goals whenever I can--since I barely have time to myself as it is!--and looking for updates from anyone who has ideas for me in the meantime.

For now though I'm just struggling in undoing my unhealthy eating habits. Like most with a busy life, I look for quick and easy--and even compromise flavor many times because I'm just on the go. A good eight hours of time to myself total with sleep as the rest of the time I'm just on the run.

The real struggle is my new job though, and sitting behind a desk when every other job I've done before had me standing and moving constantly. I was starting to get light-headed and very groggy as time went on, so I got my gym membership, and signed up for this place because it seems like a friendly community of people to share my struggles with.

So if anyone has a list or a suggestion of simple and easy things to eat? I like to cook, but my current digs isn't set up to handle cooking right now... I usually hate eating in the morning, but try to anyway. And while at work I often forget to take my lunches or eat at all, though I do drink a lot of water to keep hydrated.

So yes, here is my life boiled down in a jumbled mess lol.

Thanks again.

"Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart."

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

Welcome to the rebellion, JerseyDevil!

Well, if you want stuff that's easy to make, pack or eat on the go, here are a few suggestions: Salads, nuts, raw vegetables, fruit, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cheese and crackers, soups, jerky, protein shakes, etc.

So yeah, there are many, many options. The main thing is to restric calories if you want to lose fat. You say your place isn't set up for cooking. Do you mean you don't have a stove, an oven or even a microwave oven? You might want to invest into a slow cooker. Toss a bunch of stuff in, set it to cook for the day, eat when you get home and pack the leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. If you don't mind eating the same stuff on a regular basis, that's a pretty good solution. As for breakfast, I usually have a protein shake with milk and yogurt mixed in. It's pretty tasty and takes all of 2 minutes to make. It's good if you are in a pinch.

Other than that, good luck with your goals and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Welcome to the Rebellion Jersey! 

As I'm sure you've already heard around here, diet is HUGE to overall fitness! And as you can see up there ^^ there are plenty of people with TONS of knowledge who will be happy to give you advice and support you through your adventure!

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: #1, 2

Battle Log