Forums are back in action! ×

Crush the puny scout :P - Pushup PVP - starts 03 March '14

This is a bit of fun, pushup PVP between @Blaidd (scout) and @dominic (ranger). Expect dominic to pull Blaidd's leg as much as possible along the way :D but also encourage each other ;)

Anyone else is welcome to join in, in fact the more the merrier so please come along for the ride, even if you join late or whatever. 

Rules:

You need to "score" 150 points a week for the last 5 weeks of the challenge.  If you do more than 150 that's good for you but the extra doesn't count towards the PVP, this is capped to prevent psychotic competitive injury  (mainly from the berserk warrior :tongue: oh ok mainly to stop my arms falling off because I'm too competitive!)

You can score points by doing different types of pushups:

- leaning against wall = 0.25 points

- on knees = 0.5 points

- standard pushup = 1 points

- feet elevated pushups = 1.5 points

- clapping pushup = 2 points

- one arm pushups = 3 points

Special note: If you haven't progressed to full pushups yet, count your level as 1 point, i.e. if you can only do knees pushups you can count those as 1 point.  If you can do regular and you get tired so have to switch to knees those are 0.5 points. 

The prize:

Whoever completes the least number of points has to donate equivalent of US$10 to a charity of whoever completes the most number of points choice. 

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Cool, should be fun! I'll look at blaidd's goals and modify slightly to fit. I must say 24 a day was intimidating, probably look at a weekly total instead so we can split up as we see fit. I want to cap it though so we don't go crazy!

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Warning guys doing push-ups right after bench presses isn't a good idea. I almost made 4 and decided to change over to wall push-ups. It was hard going but I managed to crank out 75 before almost collapsing against the wall, lol

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I think I may be in on this one. Need to think it over a bit and make sure I'm not overextending myself. To make sure I understand, since I can't do a full pushup yet, my 1 point would be knee push ups?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Sounds like that's the idea!

I know this hasn't officially started yet, so consider this a testing day:

• 10 pushups at 11:45am - shut and locked the office door, barely got that last one out!

To be continued later today...

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501

I think I may be in on this one. Need to think it over a bit and make sure I'm not overextending myself. To make sure I understand, since I can't do a full pushup yet, my 1 point would be knee push ups?

Hey Joe, yes you got it right, welcome to join if it works for you :)

Sounds like that's the idea!

I know this hasn't officially started yet, so consider this a testing day:

• 10 pushups at 11:45am - shut and locked the office door, barely got that last one out!

Getting a jump on the opposition eh? :)

Great to have you along, note slight rule change, 150 'points' a week rather than a daily target ;)

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Warning guys doing push-ups right after bench presses isn't a good idea. I almost made 4 and decided to change over to wall push-ups. It was hard going but I managed to crank out 75 before almost collapsing against the wall, lol

Anything over 1 is impressive for a scout :smiley_simmons: Did you run away afterwards?! :P

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Anything over 1 is impressive for a scout :smiley_simmons: Did you run away afterwards?! :P

I don't run, I cycle :P different kinda endurance :)

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

Ok, I'm in. I need to do MOAR pushups anyway.

Yesssssss!

Gotta watch these tricksie monks though, probably got some sneaky ancient pushup style worth 10 points for minimal effort :sneakiness:<_<

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

lol, slow start this morning, but i have a session in for this afternoon - so be prepared for big numbers ;)

My challenge

I'll let you in a little old fashioned monk training

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcI0bXs9hx8

Mmm one day when I was on holiday in vegas i had cheeseburger and chips for breakfast, lunch and dinner, definitely got a weak spot there!

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

And... I never did any more. It would be foolish of me to take this challenge on.

*hear the trumpets, hear the pipers*

PVP kicks off today party people, get your pushup on :)

What? If the challenge starts on a Monday, wouldn't the second week of a challenge also begin on a Monday?

In any case, against my better judgement, I'm in. Never let it be said I wasn't foolish.

• Like 1

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501

15 standard - 15 points
15 elevated - 22.5 points (why do these feel easier?)
1 standard w/ 8 year old on my back = winning

2nd set (after it was pointed out there was too much berserking while doing math, and not enough berserking while doing pushups)

5 elevated - 7.5 points

Total - 45 points

I'm coming for you, power ranger!!

[edited to correct the berserking]

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz