Forums are back in action! ×

Crush the puny scout :P - Pushup PVP - starts 03 March '14

hahaha, nice afrikaans Dom. 

And i should be around more these next weeks :)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

today: because of a knee injection, today will not be a large pushup day. 2 knee pushups = 2 points 20 counterlevel incline pushups = 20 points 20 wall pushups = 10 points total today = 32 points

week points = 80 points Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

I decided that i would do pushups in between all my exercises yesterday and i got in 70 incline pushups = 35 points. Not a bad start.

• Like 1

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

25 regular pushups + 50 incline pushups = 50 points

Bringing my total to 85 for the week.

• Like 1

My challenge

Wednesday

10 standard push ups 10pts

10 kneeling push ups 5pts

20 incline push ups 10pts

40 wall push ups 10pts

Total 35pts

Thursday [Today]

20 standard push ups [3 sets] 20pts

20 inclined push ups 10pts

60 wall push ups 15pts

Total 45pts

So that adds 80pts to my total of 60pts. Giving me 120pts for this week.

It so helps that my accountabilibuddies group has a bodyweight exercise challenge going on. But the RPG Fanatics rock, we have a full on role play campaign. 

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

OK, rough week this week for arms. I made the wonderful discovery that combining tabata HIIT with Hai Suburi (fast overhead sword swings) gives me a brutal workout. The good bit is that it's already improving my Kendo. The bad bit is that I can't lift my arms above my chest anymore ;)

Managed to squeeze out 10 standard pushups...this batch should count for more than 10 though, as they were REALLY tough!

I'm up to 70 points now I believe...

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Careful Squashy ;)

I'd be careful Dom - he knows how to wield a sword :P

• Like 1

My challenge

• Like 1

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Slow day for me today.

5 standard push ups 5pts

40 wall pushups 10pts

So another 15pts to my total of 120pts.

So I have now reached 135pts this week, with Another two days to get an extra 15pts. 

Unless I break both my arms I am getting 150 this week as well.

• Like 2

Kendo is cool. A re-enactment group I was a part of trained with 3mm thick steel blades. 

Nowadays I train with a sledgehammer. I do want to get into Scottish Broadsword, but need to travel 7 hours for the training. 

Try doing your strikes weilding a 10lb sledgehammer @BarefootDawsy. You will learn control and gain awesome grip strength. Then when you transfer back to your Bokken it will be as light as a feather. 

• Like 1

Kendo is cool. A re-enactment group I was a part of trained with 3mm thick steel blades. 

Nowadays I train with a sledgehammer. I do want to get into Scottish Broadsword, but need to travel 7 hours for the training. 

Try doing your strikes weilding a 10lb sledgehammer @BarefootDawsy. You will learn control and gain awesome grip strength. Then when you transfer back to your Bokken it will be as light as a feather. 

I'd love to do broadsword...nothing near me either though unfortunately. Never thought of trying out swinging with a sledgehammer...might have to add that to my training regime...sounds brutal!

Maybe we should get @Endor a sword...I think he's got blade envy (or is it @Blaidd envy?)

• Like 3

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)